My latest build

• 0 Replies

Offline DKSEARS

• View Profile
My latest build
« on: August 07, 2016, 11:08:33 PM »
Here is our latest creation.  This candy red "S" style alder body has a chrome Schaller 475 hard tail bridge.  It is mated up with a 24.75 scale maple neck fitted with 6105 stainless steel frets.  For electronics, we chose a dual humbucker setup under nickel covers routed though a single volume and tone with a three way toggle.  Both the volume and tone pots are push-pull style allowing each pickup to be placed in either parallel or series mode.

The pickups themselves are the DiMarzio Transition set.  These have quickly become one of my favorite sets.  The bridge pickup is rated as high output, and is slightly less powerful than the Super Distortion, but the character is unlike most higher output bridge pickups with a ceramic magnet in that it feels very open.  It has a strong midrange presence, but the mids are tuned to the upper frequencies, so it's not overly dark sounding.  The neck pickup, while rated as medium output pickup, feels much more vintage-y than you would expect.  The highs are rounded, and the lows feel well controlled.  The set complements each other well and does an excellent job of covering tones as diverse as clean, clear chording, or jazz comping to blues to classic rock and even a little metal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk