Dominion in E-standard?

• 3 Replies

Offline marytakesadrag

• View Profile
Dominion in E-standard?
« on: July 22, 2016, 04:52:29 PM »
Love the Dominion pickup.  It has nice cut, bite, yet its slightly fat & muscular (without being tubular fluid flutey mess; I like my tone relatively dry).  Not mushy or nasally like the JB either. 

I regret selling the one that I had but such is the life of a guitarist. Anyway, I know it sounds awesome in C-standard in Mahogany but how about E-standard in a Strat?

Too bright for E-standard in a Strat?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:58:31 PM by marytakesadrag »

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: Dominion in E-standard?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »
. Anyway, I know it sounds awesome in C-standard in Mahogany but how about E-standard in a Strat?

Ive ended up liking the Dominion more than I expected, based on how I initially interpreted the pickup. Review here: http://darthphineas.com/2016/05/dimarzio-dominion-humbucker-set/

I have only used mine in E standard and in super Strats and have no issues with it being "too bright".  I have found it to be really versatile and a pickup that should not be pigeonholed.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline marytakesadrag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 08:48:17 PM »
. Anyway, I know it sounds awesome in C-standard in Mahogany but how about E-standard in a Strat?

Ive ended up liking the Dominion more than I expected, based on how I initially interpreted the pickup. Review here: http://darthphineas.com/2016/05/dimarzio-dominion-humbucker-set/

I have only used mine in E standard and in super Strats and have no issues with it being "too bright".  I have found it to be really versatile and a pickup that should not be pigeonholed.

Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear - actual experience.  Glad that it works out.  Thanks!

Offline bluediamond

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:14:30 AM »
I feel that the dominion bridge is designed/optimized for drop D, on standard E tuning the low end at first gets a bit too 'dry', but increasing the bass knob on the amp a notch took care of the problem really well.