SSS Guitars

• 8 Replies

Offline EOSmith98

• View Profile
SSS Guitars
« on: May 27, 2016, 01:10:44 PM »
So, I've been doing a lot of reading up on the subject, and I want to try some noise-free single coil guitars. That said, I have yet to find a strat or tele that feels comfortable. What alternatives are there to these guitars that is ss/sss? All Ibanez guitars I've seen are HSH if they have three pickups, and the only other sss guitar I've seen was by ESP, a Japanese artist's signature model. I just had a ngd, so I'm not looking to buy right now, I'm just curious if there's anything out there (I just added a PRS SE Custom 245 to my rig, in addition to the ESP LTD EC256 I'm still getting DiMarzio pickups for). The SE and LTD necks are by far my preference as far as feel, and if I had to choose one for just feel it would be the PRS.

P.S. I am aware that with the adapters, you can make any humbucker slot fit a single coil, and that p90's are technically single coils, however I am talking about strat/tele style pickups.

Offline damonstewart70

• View Profile
Re: SSS Guitars
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 12:21:01 PM »
Myself also am looking into more sss guitars,the esp ltd  strats are more in my budget.Also I like the fact of extra jumbo frets for ease of finger bending.THE neck profile is what I'm interested in most,but check out mighty mite for replacement parts hope that helps if you get the ltd keep me posted cause I'd like to hear about em 😊

Offline colejustesen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 08:43:00 PM »
Look into Godin too. They make some great guitars! I recently bought an Artisan ST Signature and it is a fine sounding and playing guitar. It is essentially Robert Godin's version of a Strat back in the early 90s. Also, MIM Fender Strats are nice too, but I would personally look for a USA Strat before a Mexican one.

Cole

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
Think about an Ibanez with a Pickguard.

You can then get a custom SSS guard for pretty cheap.

Offline greenlion

• View Profile

Offline idsnowdog

• Imperator of Indignation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 06:31:35 PM »
A great combo is Fastrack II bridge/Duckbucker middle/JB Jr neck. 

Offline damonstewart70

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
Hey my fellow dmz lover's,in regard to this post the last year or so I've fallen in love with the simplicity of sss or strat type guitars.They are easy to maintain & with DIMARZIO & SPERZEL LOCKING TUNERS  stay in tune during all my Hendrix moments.The esp LTD ST 213 series is phenomenal!!! Currently I have two squires(nice necks & unplugged sound which is how I buy all my guitars) a "banana " headstock epiphone strat & my late 90's ibanez blazer(underrated guitar).Check out monster guitarist RICK GRAHAM demo of the LTD ST 213 & you will be impressed.Remember he demo's them with stock pickups so IMAGINE if he HAD 2 FAST 1'S & AN AT IN THE BRIDGE!!! The demo convinced me so currently am saving my coins...hope that helps love & peace @ ya 😊🎸

Offline ant_riv

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 10:24:19 PM »
G&L

Both the USA and the Tribute Series are very well mad and sound good.
They are a great value if you get one used.

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 08:04:54 PM »
My wife got me A  Tribute Legacy for Christmas. Terrific guitar. Flatter radius, the Trem SMOKES the Strat Trem, and the bass and treble cut controls are nice too. The pickups are nice for just about everything, but are noisy. I would second the G&L for a Strat alternative that’s a bit easier to play.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else