FS: Bare Knuckle 'Rebel Yell' Calibrated Set

• 1 Replies

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
FS: Bare Knuckle 'Rebel Yell' Calibrated Set
« on: June 03, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »
FOR SALE

Bare Knuckle Pickups 'Rebel Yell' Humbucker Calibrated set.

$210, shipping included (via USPS).  ConUS only.  PP friends/family.

Completed eBay listing show uncovered/open-coil sets going for $280-290.  Get them here now for less!

From the BKP site ( https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=humbuckers&sub=contemporary&pickup=rebel_yell )

'The Rebel Yell just growls with an even harmonic richness that I never hear in other pickups. It's so full of clear bottom and perfect pick attack. These pickups are in a whole other league - they're the real deal!' Steve Stevens.

When Steve first came to Bare Knuckle he was adamant that the signature pickups he wanted were not just 'another metal pickup'. They had to be capable of a whole lot more. This kicked off a year of development and road testing while Steve was on tour culminating in the Rebel Yell humbucker signature set.

Closer offset coils of 43 AWG plain enamel wire retain the mid range punch of the hotter Nailbomb but produce a tighter bass response with cleaner highs and more presence. This gives the pickup an organic voice with plenty of impact, perfect for any player wanting a progressive humbucker rich in harmonic overtones and wide pick dynamics. Steve uses his volume pot a lot when he plays, so it was important that the Rebel Yell cleans up well when backing off the volume, on top of being able to push a tube amp hard for a fully saturated overdrive.

These came to me installed in a new custom build and should be considered pre-owned and not new.  They were direct-mounted with #2 wood screws, so the original threads remain functional.  What you are seeing on the feet of the neck pickup is where they were filed flat for the direct-mounting in that cavity for the specific pickup height... you can see in the photos the screws/springs work fine.  I applied the P-Touch labels, as BKP does not label them out of the box... the labels will peel right off.

The bridge has right at 12" of lead wire.  The neck has over 13" of lead wire.

Disclaimer: multimeter readings are to confirm functional products and can be slightly different based on your own multimeter and the temperature of the setting that you measure them in.

Disclaimer: multimeter readings are to confirm functional products and can be slightly different based on your own multimeter and the temperature of the setting that you measure them in.

I will post them on eBay by the end of next Tuesday, June 07.  The eBay pricing will have to be increased to account for eBay and PP fees.  Get them here now for less. 

Springs and screws are included.  Please contact me if you would like any specific details photos of one of both of the pickups.

Thanks!
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram