Dimarzio comparable to Carvin H22?

• 2 Replies

marcwormjim

Dimarzio comparable to Carvin H22?
« on: February 02, 2016, 06:22:59 AM »
For the last few years, I've transplanted the same beat H22 bridge between whichever guitars I considered my "main." I favor low/medium-output Alnico Vs wound to a DC resistance somewhere in the 8s, and found the Holdsworth to have a great EQ curve.

I've been using the new Kiesel Holdsworth for the past few months, but find myself wanting to go back to something less hot - I've previously enjoyed the Air Classic; and will likely give that another spin before I resort to the old H22T again.

That said, I may as well ask if anyone here has a favored pup in that same ballpark.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: Dimarzio comparable to Carvin H22?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:38:49 PM »
It's really fun and easy to dig into the specs and #s and magnets and so on. It can also open up a lot of rabbit holes that don't always lead to all things being equal.

If you like the Air Classic, what would keep you from going forward with it?  Or is there anything about the AC that you'd want more or less of?
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline HeyNorton!

• View Profile
Re: Dimarzio comparable to Carvin H22?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 01:15:28 AM »
I've nothing to add.

I just dropped in to say that the h22 pickups are pretty darned nice.  I have a set that went in my rg520qs for a while and sounded killer.

Why not just pick up another h22t?