DiMarzio Titan 7™ (Jake Bowen Signature)

• 3 Replies

Offline Art Rodriguez

• View Profile
    • Art Rodriguez's myspace site
DiMarzio Titan 7™ (Jake Bowen Signature)
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
Hey guys,

I just installed the new DiMarzio Titan 7 pickups and recorded this vídeo. These pickups are awesome. Very similar to the 6 string version. Hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldHAjT-TpME
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:57:29 AM by Art Rodriguez »

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: DiMarzio Titan 7™ (Jake Bowen Signature)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 12:37:33 PM »
I like the Titan set a lot more than expected.

A pal of mine that's a bit of a whipper snapper tried out a set and liked them, but he's into all that new tangled djent and nu metal and so on...so it was a little hard to take the suggestion to check them out.

I was interested in doing a series on the different types of newer rock style of pickups, so I bought a set (as well as sets of D Activators and Illuminators and a few one off bridge models). The Titans are much more versatile that expected if you are into the more basic old fuddy duddy rock from the 80s (like I am) and things like that.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
New DiMarzio Titan 7 Pickups!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »
Got the press release in my inbox this morning.

###

DiMARZIO RELEASES TITAN 7™ NECK & BRIDGE PICKUPS FOR 7-STRING ELECTRIC GUITARS

Staten Island, N.Y., January 11, 2016 – DiMarzio, Inc. announces the release of Titan 7™ Neck (DP713) and Bridge (DP714) hum-canceling pickups for 7-string electric guitars. The Titan 7™ Neck and Bridge pickups are based on the Titan™ 6-string humbuckers designed for and with Jake Bowen of Periphery, who uses them in his signature Ibanez JBM100 guitar.

Jake Bowen is one of the new generation of guitarists on the cutting edge of progressive rock. His sound is helping to redefine rock guitar, and his pickups play a major part. Almost immediately after we introduced the Titan™ 6-string models, requests for 7-string versions started pouring in. Jake has been running Titan 7™ prototypes through their paces on the road and in the studio, and they’re now ready to go.

Jake’s music calls for both heavy sounds and atmospheric, orchestral parts. The Titan 7™ Neck Model has a balanced blend of highs, mids, and lows designed to reproduce all three equally effectively. It’s also highly responsive to changes in pick attack and volume control settings for an extremely expressive sound.

Like the Titan™ Bridge, the Titan 7™ Bridge Model is dynamic, fast, and very tight. Many high-output pickups are either too bright or too dark. The Titan 7™ Bridge is bright and tight on the low end, so the seventh string never sounds muddy. The highs are rounded and articulate, and the Titan 7™ Bridge Model has a distinctive voice that doesn’t get lost, even in a dense, three-guitar mix.

DiMarzio’s Titan 7™ Neck and Bridge pickups are made in the U.S.A., and may now be ordered for immediate delivery. Suggested List Price is $129.99 each (MAP/Street Price $89.99). For more information about the new Titan 7™ pickups, please visit our website at www.dimarzio.com.

###
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:34:35 PM by buddroyce »
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: DiMarzio Titan 7™ (Jake Bowen Signature)
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 04:52:14 PM »
Art.. Love the song you're playing and the guitar! Other than the pickups, everything else stock on that?
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter