So I got the PAF Master Bridge, and got a Satchtrack Neck

• 4 Replies

Offline Jerryman

• View Profile
So I got the PAF Master Bridge, and got a Satchtrack Neck
« on: December 02, 2015, 11:32:21 PM »
I have a nice DK2 Jackson, and just  got the PAF Master Bridge, and got a Satchtrack Neck. I have a dummy middle, so it's a 3 way switch  with the H-S.

How do you think this pairing will work?

I also considered the BC-1, and the also the Injector.

I kinda surmised just from pouring over decriptions on the web, that the Gilbert Injector neck was a little tighter and the more modern sounding , whereas the BC-1 Corgan was woolier, whereas the Satchtrack seemed like it was just right between.

Is this a fair assessment?

No matter, I'll have to live with it now. :-\

I still am intrigued by the Corgan Strat set. Could be in my future for a different guitar .

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:37:44 PM by jerryjg »
The Norton won't tame anything.  A fantastic pickup, it will make your LP sound like a wild mongoose who is piloting a F-22 raptor and smoking crystal meth

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
Re: So I got the PAF Master Bridge, and got a Satchtrack Neck
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 12:48:38 AM »
I haven't tried the BC-1 but the ST and Injector are very different. The latter is more like a true single coil; a bit scooped but it has a fair amount of output compared to a traditional SC.

The ST is firmly rooted in the humbucker camp.

I think the PAF Master/Satch Track combo will work great.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 02:06:23 AM »
That's what I was thinking as well. The ST should work well in the neck due to the narrower spacing between the two blades compared to a full size humbucker.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline tonejam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 03:04:22 AM »
jerryjg, if you could give as much info as possible about the Satch Track, it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm particularly interested in comparing it to a Pro Track, if you've had one of them in the neck.

cheers.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »
the real question is how do YOU think they will work?  you know your rig better than anyone.

personally, I found the PAF Master set to be too throaty in the mids/lows and too flat/dull in the highs for my preference and was a rare instance of sending pickups back for an exchange.  there wasn't anything I could do with them for my goals.

I've spent a little more time with the Satch Track and it's growing on me in a good way.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram