AT-1 and EJ in HSH strat

• 6 Replies

Offline rknrollo

• View Profile
AT-1 and EJ in HSH strat
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:22:45 AM »
I have a couple Mahogany strats HSH,This one is mahogany with maple neck, I got an AT-1 for the bridge and got an EJ custom bridge model for the neck cause I think the output and less treble will match better with the AT-1, am I making the wrong choice in using the bridge in the neck?

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AT-1 and EJ in HSH strat
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 03:28:46 AM »
Since the AT-1 has more output the EJ custom bridge will probably match quite well. Just try it!

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline jule7625

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 05:06:39 PM »
Sorry rknrollo, I've had a few problems registering for this forum.

Did you decide?

This guy plays an Ibanez with a mahogany body. It has an AT1 on the bridge, a True Velvet on the middle, and a Eric Johnson bridge in the neck position.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1JTEZkhmY

If you are uncomfortable clicking the link (or it doesn't work), enter 'Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 Video Test Gear in Action' into YouTube's search box. The video is 3:45.

I have also thought about the AT1/EJ bridge. The EJ seems to be a humbucker-sized single coil similar to the Humbucker From Hell but has the more traditional screws and studs which match the AT1.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline rknrollo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
It worked great, the EJ bridge in the neck is perfect, gets the quack in between tones just as they should be, the AT-1 perfect fit too with the mahogany body and maple neck, I also added a parallel/split/series switch to the At-1 also a tbx tone control that works on both neck and bridge and a 0.001 cap on the volume for a treble bleed. I could not be happier!

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 03:01:00 AM »
Talk about a hot rodded strat!

Have fun with that axe,
Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline rknrollo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 12:18:13 AM »
It smokes and the stock pups were actually really good (toneriders) I have another one with rosewood neck and crimson red getting virtual hot PAF and virtual paf neck and that one sounded even better than this one with the stockers by a big margin.