Author Topic: New As Of 03/13/15  (Read 2487 times)

Offline rgand

• View Profile
New As Of 03/13/15
« on: March 13, 2015, 09:12:27 pm »
Howdy,

I'm new here. Looking forward to reading about DiMarzio Stuff.

Last October, I emailed DiMarzio support for a recommendation. I outlined what sound I wanted and got a reply from a tech within a few hours asking to know a little more information about my guitar, which I sent him. The next day he suggested I get a certain pickup.

A couple of days later, I ordered the recommended DiMarzio pickup. After installing it, I was pleased to find that it gave exactly the sound I was looking for. The DiMarzio tech knew his stuff, he was friendly and easy to work with.

At the same time as my initial email, I also sent the same request to another manufacturer (name not important). 5 months later, I have yet to hear from that one.

Having played with the new pickup now for a while to explore some of the capabilities, I'm more than pleased. So, where will I go for my next pickup purchase? Take a guess.... 8)

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
Re: New As Of 03/13/15
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:44:36 am »
Hey rgand,

Welcome to DiMarzio Forum.

You had a similar experience to mine, DMZ techies are really both fast and very informative in their answers. :)

Glad you're pleased with your DiMarzio, I've played many pickups over the years (started in the  80s) including some boutique winders, but I always end up where I started - at DiMarzio.

Cheers.

Offline rgand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 12:38:52 am »
Thanks, Corypheus. It's not surprising that others have the same experience. Good support reflects the general attitude of a company. I intend to pick their brains on the next build, too. All I have to decide is what I want it to do and see what they recommend.

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:14:40 am »
Thanks, Corypheus. It's not surprising that others have the same experience. Good support reflects the general attitude of a company. I intend to pick their brains on the next build, too. All I have to decide is what I want it to do and see what they recommend.

Makes sense to me, imo one can never really go wrong with DiMarzio, there's so many models to cater to any kind of niche sounds one could need, and then there are pickups that are so versatile you can use them for pretty much anything and they'll sound good. The customer support is one of the best you can find these days, and they really are useful, it's not a copy paste answer, they take the time to understand where you're coming from sound-wise and where you want to go. This to me speaks loads about their attitude - just like you said.

Good luck in your search for that perfect tone, I think I've found mine after all these years (it's a simple modded Marshall 800+Les Paul+Super Distortion),and there's nothing as fulfilling when you do.

Cheers,
Cory