Author Topic: Crooks steal a guitar by shoving it down their pants  (Read 4445 times)

Offline mr_bluedream

• View Profile
Crooks steal a guitar by shoving it down their pants
« on: April 19, 2008, 10:08:13 pm »
I think the topic says it all.. I read this on MSNBC and am wondering how BIG is this guys pants!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23940033/

Offline ibanezguy

• Ibanez freak
    • View Profile
Re: Crooks steal a guitar by shoving it down their pants
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:58:44 pm »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ibanez RG6CSD2
Ibanez RG7CSD1
Ibanez RG3120TW

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:45:42 pm »
I've actually seen guys try that. They usually try just shoving the headstock down their legs and have the body of the guitar in their shirt/jacket.

The best scam I've ever seen was when someguy came into the guitar shop I used to work at, picked up something and told my former boss that he had purchased this item and wanted to return it but didn't have a receipt. My boss being the stingy person that he was, was adamant about not giving him a refund but was willing to let him exchange it for something else. The scammer basically walked out with two cheaper items by returning something that never left the store. The best part was, I actually saw him walk in with nothing and picked up the stuff and then spoke to my boss. I didn't want to say anything 'cause I wanted to see if my boss would catch on. My boss, by the way was an arrogant bean counting prick and thought that nothing could ever get stolen while he was around and that the rest of the staff were all slackers. I told this to the other guy I worked with at the shop and we laughed our asses off!!!

(You can kinda tell we both hated working there)
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Mail2JackButler

• Dimarzio Endorsee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:17:48 am »
The very last place I ever worked retail music sales in.. a guy came in and shoved an R9 Les Paul into his pants and got as far as 1/2 out the front door.. someone noticed.. called him out on it and a foot race ensued..LOL.. absolutely hilarious seeing this guy run off like he was in a three legged race with a guitar neck crammed down his pants..
he got away... and no... I'm not joking... :D
That SAME night.. he shows up with it to play at one of the local open mic nights.. :P :-\ :o..LOL!.. and got busted by one of the employees whose band was hosting the open mic.
"Intelli-Shred" & "Arpeggio Madness" books  available from NGW!
www.guitarworkshop.com/books/guitarbooks/rock/intellishreddillar
DiMarzio Endorsed Artist: Kevin Dillard. Soundclips available at
www.dimarzio.com
www.myspace.com/intellishred
Morley Endorsee
http://www.morleypedals.com/fom.html

Offline megadrive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:29:30 pm »
The very last place I ever worked retail music sales in.. a guy came in and shoved an R9 Les Paul into his pants and got as far as 1/2 out the front door.. someone noticed.. called him out on it and a foot race ensued..LOL.. absolutely hilarious seeing this guy run off like he was in a three legged race with a guitar neck crammed down his pants..
he got away... and no... I'm not joking... :D
That SAME night.. he shows up with it to play at one of the local open mic nights.. :P :-\ :o..LOL!.. and got busted by one of the employees whose band was hosting the open mic.

It's a small world man.. why in the world would you steal a guitar and use it immediately for a gig?

Offline Mail2JackButler

• Dimarzio Endorsee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:04:35 pm »
The other scam I've seen is to walk into a place during a really busy time of year..say Christmas and walk in with an empty case and walk out with a new guitar in that empty case... the guy I caught doing that just happend to be doing right in front of the cameras! :D ::)
"Intelli-Shred" & "Arpeggio Madness" books  available from NGW!
www.guitarworkshop.com/books/guitarbooks/rock/intellishreddillar
DiMarzio Endorsed Artist: Kevin Dillard. Soundclips available at
www.dimarzio.com
www.myspace.com/intellishred
Morley Endorsee
http://www.morleypedals.com/fom.html