Author Topic: Dumb kids on the other forums  (Read 9550 times)

Offline Slowhand

• View Profile
Re: Dumb kids on the other forums
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 07:47:05 pm »
I can totally understand why you wouldn't want a guitar Kirk Hammet made into a signature model!! LOL!!!

Why were you blowing out your guitars? Did you pick up a new endorsement contract and decided to get rid of your Ibanez's?? And if so, got any more left you wanna sell :D

Offline custom24

• PRS addict for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 10:52:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum Slowhand. :)

In my opinion, pretty much all the forums are full of dumb people. I just believe that most of them don't post anything until someone starts posting something stupid and makes them think it's ok. I'm pretty sure the second we start having flame wars here, we'll be seeing a lot of dumbass posts (hopefully it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN)

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 10:02:55 am »
Well one of the great things about being here is, this site is geared more towards upper-end tech stuff, which most n00bs don't really look at. To them, their biggest dilemma for guitar playing is which company's strings to use (DR!) or what picks to use, let alone changing pickups and tonal necessities. So I have a very strong feeling that we will see very few, if any, n00b/flame posts.

That and we have a good admin team ;D

Offline Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 09:09:08 pm »
Well one of the great things about being here is, this site is geared more towards upper-end tech stuff, which most n00bs don't really look at. To them, their biggest dilemma for guitar playing is which company's strings to use (DR!) or what picks to use, let alone changing pickups and tonal necessities. So I have a very strong feeling that we will see very few, if any, n00b/flame posts.

That and we have a good admin team ;D

LOL!! I doubt any kid that's trying to figure out which the best strings are for their Squier, Ibanez or LTD is really going to even know what the pickups actually do and how it affects the tone 'cause apparently, all the tone comes from the strings and the picks you use.

Offline marty_becker

• Jason Becker = God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 09:18:24 pm »
Just to prove how dumb some people are.. I was just in a guitar shop today and the sales guy, some high school/college kid, was trying to sell an Ibanez RG to some kid and his mom and told them that this one was better because it's got 5 pickups to give you a lot more sounds. (It's an HSH guitar). After hearing that I was actually temped to step in to correct the guy but it was funnier to stand back and hear him talk about the guitar like he actually knows what he's talking about.
DiMarzio's for life!

Offline soundgardener75

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 01:30:56 pm »
There is always going to be trolls in just about any forum.  Just ignore 'em and you'll be fine.

There are times that I'd admit I'd get into a flaming war with 'em cuz you can only take so much.  You're only letting them win if you engage.

I've heard about how bad the Ultimate Guitar forum is, where the mods aren't neutral.

Offline marty_becker

• Jason Becker = God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 04:25:55 pm »
There is always going to be trolls in just about any forum.  Just ignore 'em and you'll be fine.

There are times that I'd admit I'd get into a flaming war with 'em cuz you can only take so much.  You're only letting them win if you engage.

I've heard about how bad the Ultimate Guitar forum is, where the mods aren't neutral.

UGF is just a horrible place to be!! Every 2nd thread there seems to be flame bait!
DiMarzio's for life!

Offline kareemb0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 07:32:45 pm »
YOU GUYS ALL SUCK, DIMARZIO IS JUNK! OMG I LOVE MY DUNCAN DESIGNED pickups IN MY IBANEZ GIO!!!!!!!!!! IT OWNS ANY PRS OR CAPARISON.

I agree with you guys. UG in particular i can't stand.

:P
Quote from: DiMarzio.com
Have you ever heard a bridge pickup that made a guitar sound like a giant mosquito attack? If you've run into this problem, The Tone ZoneŽ is the solution sell your Boss Metal Zone 2.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 04:09:24 pm »
YOU GUYS ALL SUCK, DIMARZIO IS JUNK! OMG I LOVE MY DUNCAN DESIGNED pickups IN MY IBANEZ GIO!!!!!!!!!! IT OWNS ANY PRS OR CAPARISON.

I agree with you guys. UG in particular i can't stand.

:P

LOL!!!!!!!
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline EEF13

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 05:20:18 pm »
I used to be a member on ULTIMATEGUITAR and just couldnt stand it and i got banned because i got so pissed off and told them to f*ck off, and i will tell you why.

You can ask any question or post a new thread and some stupid f*ck will always say
"dude just raper her or repe this and that"
and that just pisses me off.
I I planned to get my membership deleted so i posted a thread on
why do you little fuckers think rape is funny?

A great forum to joing because its mostly adults (im 18 btw) is MYLESPAUL