Author Topic: Dumb kids on the other forums  (Read 9900 times)

Offline iba777

• Yum... 7 strings!!
    • View Profile
Dumb kids on the other forums
« on: April 08, 2008, 02:58:18 pm »
Is it just me.. or is the world full of dumbass kids running rampant whining about stupid things on places like UltimateGuitarForum, the official Ibanez forum, Harmony Central and the ESP forum?? I mean god damn it!! every thread I read over at some of these sites have the most useless, pointless posts with about maybe 1 or 2 educated posts for every 20-30 flamewar posts?

Sorry guys.. I just had to vent. I hope some people here agree with me on this one.
RG1527
RG7321
Epiphone 7 string Les Paul
Don't own any sixes!!

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
Re: Dumb kids on the other forums
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:37:23 am »
LOL!!!

Do you have any accounts over at those places???

ESP has always been like that, cause you get silly n00bs being downright stupid or rude etc...

And when you read the General Section, it's not actually meant to be a gear related forum, try the others if you want actual informative replies...

Offline krak_down69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:38:44 pm »
Good god.. I avoid the ESP forum right across. JCFOnline is pretty good as is the Duncan forum. Jemsite is ok except everyone seems to think that guy Rich is god or something. Recently it's been more like RG550Site than anything else.

IMO, the Ibanez Forum is just slowly starting to get as bad as the ESP forum except everything is under HEAVY moderation from Ibanez.

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 06:44:49 pm »
Jemsite's pretty good, except I'm fed up with all the Ibanez fanboys who will touch anything with Vai's name on it... he could crap on a guitar and they'll buy it. Don't get me wrong, I love Vai's music and think he's amazing for what he does, but there's just a certain level that you shouldn't pass, and these guys have

But yeah, there are a LOT of n00bs online, pretty much anyone who can touch a power button thinks their opinion is right, nothing else. I'm actually a columnist for ultimate-guitar, so trust me when I say that by reading my feedback, there are WAY too many n00bs online.

Offline RichRoger

• DiMarzio Endorsee
    • View Profile
    • www.richroger.com
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:44:15 pm »
I agree with you 100%
Rich Roger
ESP Guitars, Dimarzio, S.I.T Strings, Morley, Voodoo Lab, Levy's  & Pedal Train Endorser

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:19 am »
I'm still on the ESP boards cause of the hilarious posts and silly flaming on there...  ::)

Offline ou812

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 08:18:59 am »
I'm still on the ESP boards cause of the hilarious posts and silly flaming on there...  ::)

LOL!!!! Maybe I should join in on the fun!

Offline the_zone_tone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 10:48:33 am »
I only head out to the ESP board to check out pics of everyone's custom shop guitars. The official Ibanez forum sucked so bad that I went there wanting to create an account and decided it was against my mental health to want to stay there.

Jemsite's pretty good, except I'm fed up with all the Ibanez fanboys who will touch anything with Vai's name on it... he could crap on a guitar and they'll buy it. Don't get me wrong, I love Vai's music and think he's amazing for what he does, but there's just a certain level that you shouldn't pass, and these guys have

But yeah, there are a LOT of n00bs online, pretty much anyone who can touch a power button thinks their opinion is right, nothing else. I'm actually a columnist for ultimate-guitar, so trust me when I say that by reading my feedback, there are WAY too many n00bs online.

I can kinda see why Jemsite is full of Ibanez fanboys who want everything with Vai's name on it but as you said, they definitely did go well beyond that level you shouldn't pass. I only go there to check out the prestige/jcustom forum just cause it doesn't suck as much as the Ibanez forum.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 09:45:20 am »
My theory is It really depends on the target audience of each forum. Forums like the ESP and Ibanez forum is geared more towards the people who will actually buy their guitars and a good chunk of those people are young folks buying the LTD and non-prestige line of guitars. The same group of people will also be on the more general forums catered to just guitars & guitar playing in general(UGF, Harmony-Central). You DON'T find a lot of these folks on forums geared towards higher end equipment or even a place like this where the target audience is "slightly" more mature as very few neophyte guitar players will ever consider swapping pickups early on.

To conclude my theory and go out and grab a beer, the higher end the gear+the more guitar playing experience, the LOWER the odds of finding stupid posts on a forum. Exceptions however, do occur and every once in a while we all get a kick from reading stupid flame war posts! Especially when we know both sides are wrong :D
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 08:33:30 pm »
My theory is It really depends on the target audience of each forum. Forums like the ESP and Ibanez forum is geared more towards the people who will actually buy their guitars and a good chunk of those people are young folks buying the LTD and non-prestige line of guitars. The same group of people will also be on the more general forums catered to just guitars & guitar playing in general(UGF, Harmony-Central). You DON'T find a lot of these folks on forums geared towards higher end equipment or even a place like this where the target audience is "slightly" more mature as very few neophyte guitar players will ever consider swapping pickups early on.

To conclude my theory and go out and grab a beer, the higher end the gear+the more guitar playing experience, the LOWER the odds of finding stupid posts on a forum. Exceptions however, do occur and every once in a while we all get a kick from reading stupid flame war posts! Especially when we know both sides are wrong :D

Very true, LOLOL at that last part, I'll drink to that (except I can't legally drink, so let's say I'm consuming a Coca-Cola in a glass bottle), cheers buddy

Offline RichRoger

• DiMarzio Endorsee
    • View Profile
    • www.richroger.com
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 10:27:52 am »

I agree,

I however had a bad exprience on a forum a few years back, I was selling a guitar and then was blamed for it beeing a fake and unplayable (would be if you never had a floyd rose and change string guages).   Since the kid didn't know anything about guitars.  I had the kids mother and father contacting me that I ripped them off blah blah blah, That guitar now is worth stupid $$$. 

However a recent selling exprience landed me a new friend getting me to come to this forum.    Thanks Budd! 

Rich Roger
ESP Guitars, Dimarzio, S.I.T Strings, Morley, Voodoo Lab, Levy's  & Pedal Train Endorser

Offline custom24

• PRS addict for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 02:35:10 pm »
Great to hear that you've rediscovered faith in forums Rich! Which guitar did you sell btw?

Offline Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 03:10:07 pm »
I agree,

I however had a bad exprience on a forum a few years back, I was selling a guitar and then was blamed for it beeing a fake and unplayable (would be if you never had a floyd rose and change string guages).   Since the kid didn't know anything about guitars.  I had the kids mother and father contacting me that I ripped them off blah blah blah, That guitar now is worth stupid $$$. 

However a recent selling exprience landed me a new friend getting me to come to this forum.    Thanks Budd! 

I've had a similar experience with a forum that I was on a looong time ago. I sold a Fender standard strat to some kid in Atlanta for $300 and after about a week he kept contacting me saying that I ripped him off saying that it was supposed to be a US Made in America Fender stratocaster but the one I sold him was a Mexican one. The kid aparently spoke to one of his friends that told him that the "STANDARD" strat was American made and that the mexican made strat was a model called the MEXICAN STRAT. After that and all the silly insulting flame posts posted about the deal, I sorta became a passive forum "READER" and not so much a forum "MEMBER".

I'm actually happy I came across this site 'cause you guys seem pretty cool and I've been using Dimarzios in my strats forever. This is my FIRST FORUM POST in years! And hopefully not the last!

Regards,

Dan

Offline winger

• View Profile
    • Ice4bikes
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 06:27:09 pm »
Welcome aboard Dan.
John

Offline RichRoger

• DiMarzio Endorsee
    • View Profile
    • www.richroger.com
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 09:32:31 am »
Great to hear that you've rediscovered faith in forums Rich! Which guitar did you sell btw?
Custom24

I had an ESP custom shop M-II with the factory Ouija graphic, before kirk hammet from metallica made it a signiture model.  Thats why I sold it.  The kid I sold it to claimed it was not a signiture guitar. (There is no KH on the headstock wah wah wah) However I never claimed it to me.  It just said ESP custom on the headstock.   What a disaster that sale was.   

A few months back,

Budd picked up one of Ibanez guitars when I was blowing all of them out.   He made it the best selling exprience I have ever had online.  He new what the guitar was made a good offer and boom.   I know he is very happy with the guitar and I am glad it got a great home.  He found out I was a Dimarzio Endorsee and well here I am.  Budd Rocks!

Rich Roger