Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
FYI: ISCV2 Dimarzio Evolution Single
« on: March 31, 2008, 12:02:59 AM »
Seeing that DiMarzio doesn't have any information posted anywhere about the Evolution/Jem Single coil pickup, here's some info on it for everyone to reference. Just for the record, although the pickup *WAS* initially supposed to be an OEM pickup made for Ibanez for the Jem and PGM models(yes the Ibanez PGM models did feature a Jem single coil in the middle), the pickup is actually available for order but it's just not listed on the DiMarzio site for some reason. Here's the specs that I could dig up on it

Model # ISCV2 (**NOT DP1116 which is the HS-2**)
DC Resistance: 12.54k
Output: 160mv
Magnet: Alnico 5

*note: this pickup is generally RWRP meaning it's wound backwards and will give you the hum-cancelling effect with your humbuckers if you have an HSH guitar with coil splits in positions 2 and 4*

Available in black or white covers (and possibly any other standard single coil cover Dimarzio has for sale).

The poles on these do not come in gold or any other fancy colour other than the nickel/chrome that the poles are.

Previously when the ISCV2 was NOT available for sale, the recommended pickup to use to achieve a similar tone was the HS-2 wired in single coil mode. It should also be noted that the Ibanez Jem has featured two different middle pickups pairing up with the Dimarzio Evolution humbuckers, the Jem single coil and more recently the Evolution single coil. I'm almost 100% sure it's the same pickup with a different name as the name "Jem" is an Ibanez trademark and Evolution isn't(likely the reason why it was unavailable until they changed the name to evolution middle). Maybe someone here can contact Dimarzio to see if they're in fact the same pickup and let us know.

Regards,

Budd
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline 5150

• -=VH=-
    • View Profile
Re: FYI: ISCV2 Dimarzio Evolution Single
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 12:38:52 AM »
Thanks for the info man!!

SavingAtlantis

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »
Finally some info on this pickup!

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
No problems guys.. someone had to do it eventually and there's no better place to put that info other than here.
Follow me on Twitter

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 04:52:08 AM »
That's a hot sounding middle single coil for sure...

lamusician

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »
can i buy this somewhere?

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 02:33:45 PM »
can i buy this somewhere?

There are several ebay vendors and plenty of other brick & mortar stores that sell the ISCV2. You can always try musicansfriend or music123 or zzounds, but if they don't have it, you can always ask DImarzio
Follow me on Twitter

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 09:46:01 AM »
Anyway, I think I'm interested in one now for my PGM30. Is it a four conductor wiring single coil btw? Also, it seems any Dimarzio dealer should be able to custom order one for you, the local dealer I went to said they can get one for me if I ordered one...

joelmo

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 06:54:47 PM »
i was checking out guitarcenter.com (you know for fun) and i saw that that pickup is available and it cost about 60 bucks

Offline Modis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »

Model # ISCV2 (**NOT DP1116 which is the HS-2**)
DC Resistance: 12.54k
Output: 160mv
Magnet: Alnico 5

*note: this pickup is generally RWRP meaning it's wound backwards and will give you the hum-cancelling effect with your humbuckers if you have an HSH guitar with coil splits in positions 2 and 4*

Regards,

Budd
I contacted Dimarzio 6 years ago when I picked up an ISCV2 on thebay locally. The RWRP definition gets a bit lost in translation between different guitar brands. The ISCV2 from Dimarzio is wound Top Looking South Up Counter-Clockwise which makes it the same as a Fender neck pup.Not sure how this compares to the JEM S1

Offline nizz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »
If it helps anyone, I bought a new ISCV2 and combined it with a MEGADRIVE and a PAF PRO in an HSH Rg-550 and it makes positions 2 and 4 totally quiet and sounds great.  I am using a CRL USA 5 way and followed the main diagram dimarzio will give you if you tell them you want 2 and 4 hum cancelling.  Easiest wiring I've done and the switch is 10 bux from sigler.

ALSO any of the colored covers from Dimarzio in their DM2001 kit will fit that EVO pickup perfectly.  I'm a huge ibanez nerd and like the desert sun yellow and pink pickup look.