H-S-H models? (other than Ibanez)

• 12 Replies

SouthendSteve

H-S-H models? (other than Ibanez)
« on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »
I'm trying to get an H-S-H. Just ramble off models, whether in production or not.
Preferably, an alder or basswood body, 22-24 frets.   
I already know about the blacktop hsh from fender, too.

Offline mesa0131

• View Profile
Re: H-S-H models? (other than Ibanez)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »
washburn made a couple in the early to mid 90s, they had over seas and US models. Not bad guitars at all!
Carvin Offers HSH models!
Many strats have HSH options, you just need to get a pickguard, or route your own, to allow it. Many bodies come already routed for HSH...
You could always get a luthier to route you a middle singlecoil into any HH guitar.
Fine wines are found in glass bottles, not plastics sacks; As such, so are the finer electrons.

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »
Hamer made some HSH guitars back a decade or two ago. Perhaps look out for those Diablo IIs, or even the Chaparrals or Californians...

Offline mesa0131

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »
Just remembered G&L makes the invader line. they are an excellent guitar company. All guitars,are ordered specific to customers specs... Amazing playability
Fine wines are found in glass bottles, not plastics sacks; As such, so are the finer electrons.

Offline Joey Voltage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »
Jackson had a few too IIRC.  though that might be a little too similar to IBZ for you.

randomguitarstuff56

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »
Charvel????

SouthendSteve

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:46 PM »
I was just looking for another brand, not another style, so Jackson would be fine. I'll check up on the Hamer and Charvel stuff, though I doubt they still make 'em (used=new for me, though).

I really don''t like what I've seen from Carvin. For G&L (or other custom orders) I'm on a $1000 total budget (before I sell my old striker). I tried to see what I'd get from Warmoth (counting in total parts/labor), and it ender up being about $1300ish.

Thanks for replies, though.

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »
I was just looking for another brand, not another style, so Jackson would be fine. I'll check up on the Hamer and Charvel stuff, though I doubt they still make 'em (used=new for me, though).

I really don''t like what I've seen from Carvin. For G&L (or other custom orders) I'm on a $1000 total budget (before I sell my old striker). I tried to see what I'd get from Warmoth (counting in total parts/labor), and it ender up being about $1300ish.

Thanks for replies, though.

If you are in the US, I'm sure you can find some gems on the H/S/H styled superstrats pop out from time to time...

Offline Commander Chaos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 03:03:55 AM »
Kramer Striker 424, it's alder with 24 frets. I have one, check em out  :D

The Tone Ranger

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
Music Man Silhouette.  Alder, HSH, 24 frets.  Expensive though.

I have the import Sterling by Music Man Silo30.  It's modeled after the 22 fret HSS Silhouette Special...and it's basswood, but I love the way it feels.  The neck is really nice.  It seems smaller than it actually is.  Very comfortable to me.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 01:28:52 PM »
Pretty sure ESP made an M3 a few years back that had the HSH setup. Ibanez is think still has the largest selection of guitars with the HSH setup though.

I also believe Schecter in Japan offers models with the HSH setup. You don't really see them here in North America much though.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 08:05:53 PM »
Dean.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline MW-AB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 05:02:40 PM »
I know you said, "Other than Ibanez" but there is an Ibanez HSH model that can be found in the used market that is decidedly non-typical for Ibanez.

It's the RT650GF.
It's no longer in production.
It was not a typical shredder style Ibanez but was quite a bit more Stratty.
Very beautiful guitars with flame tops and mild output pups with lots of spank and quack for an Ibanez.