Dimarzio AT-1 for EVH

• 56 Replies

Offline nitro

• View Profile
Re: Dimarzio AT-1 for EVH
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
I gave information that was explained to me by Steve Blucher of Dimarzio about the Ernie Ball EVH pickup and how it started which is a fact,what can of worms are you talking about.

Luijo

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »
How come that every info you read or hear is correct and everybody else's is just BS?
Have you ever thought that maybe you are being BS-ed as well as you think everybody else is?
What makes you think that those guys are all giving you the right info and not misguiding you as you claim they misguide all the other people?
If you are in any special or privileged position please let us know so we can all stop doubting your words as you think we all are!

Offline nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »
Explain to me what info is not correct,ive been at this(Van halen thing since the 70s)for a longtime,im not going to post things that are not true,(why do that) and when I read things that are not true or are total BS then Im going to say something so that the correct info is then presented.BS information is all over the net and some people will believe things that are not true.Ive been around many people who were associated with the Van halen camp in the 70s to the 90s(Jose Arrendondo,Rudy Leiran,Zeke Clark,Matt Bruck,Scotty Ross,and so on).So if you and some others want to dought me then let me here the facts that you have and explain to me where you got your information.

oilpit

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »
Oilpit, you need some serious help man you are already starting with your insults and BS,you should be banned from ever sight you belong to,you cause many problems for sight members.

Dude, you need to get a grip.

I don't want to sound presumptuous or cocky, but I like to think that I am a respected member of this forum.  I answer questions as often as I can, I get into some killer discussions about pickups and tone with some members that know a whole hell of a lot more than I do, I ask questions and I learn.  In short, I contribute.  And if I see someone making false claims and spreading misinformation whilst simultaneously putting down anyone that disagrees with them, hell yeah I'm going to say something, and no, I'm not going to be polite about it.  You come here and start running your mouth and insulting long time members and then say I should be banned when I call you out on it?  I don't think so...

I very seriously doubt that Steve Blucher told you that a Dimarzio pickup was based on the JB...that just isn't something any business savvy or tone savvy pickup winder would do.  On top of that, Ed never had a JB in Frankie!

You need a serious reality check dude...

Toshiro

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
Explain to me what info is not correct,ive been at this(Van halen thing since the 70s)for a longtime,im not going to post things that are not true,(why do that) and when I read things that are not true or are total BS then Im going to say something so that the correct info is then presented.BS information is all over the net and some people will believe things that are not true.Ive been around many people who were associated with the Van halen camp in the 70s to the 90s(Jose Arrendondo,Rudy Leiran,Zeke Clark,Matt Bruck,Scotty Ross,and so on).So if you and some others want to dought me then let me here the facts that you have and explain to me where you got your information.

If you know all this, why did you start that "What Dimarzio for VH-1 tone?" thread in the first place? I think you're trolling.

oilpit

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
He is...

Toshiro

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »
BTW, to get back on topic, I have the AT-1 in 2 Charvels. It works really well for 80's style hardrock tones, as well as some metal. It versatile, warm, fat, and sounds great for lead playing. If I had to compare it to any of their other pickups, I would say it's kind of a Breed/Air Zone mix. A little lower output, though.

I'm not a fan of the dual resonance, so this is like a perfected Tone Zone to me.

oilpit

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 08:48:41 PM »
Doesn't the AT-1 use DR technology?  I could have sworn it did, but I could be wrong...

Timmons actually used a Breed briefly in between the time he stopped using a JB and the AT-1 was created so that's where the similarities come from.  The AT-1 is a killer pickup, it sounds a little polite for rhythm playing IMO...although it is probably the most dynamic Dimarzio humbucker in the line up

Toshiro

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 09:02:15 PM »
Looking at the pat #s it looks like it has the airbucker and virtual vintage #s, but not the dual resonance one.  :-\  I could be wrong though, but I like this pickup where the DR pickups usually bother me in some way.

oilpit

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »
Interesting...I guess I always just assumed that it used dual resonance technology...

But since it's partially-sorta-kinda based on the JB I guess it makes sense that it would have even coils...

Offline nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »
Oilpit how do you know what Steve Blucher tould me,your assuming as usual,your doubtting facts that are true,like I have said im not going to post things that are not true what would be the advantage of posting misinformation to lead someone down the wrong road?.So what your trying to say is that Steve Blucher(Dimarzio) is a liar and so is Dudley Gumble at Ernie Ball.As for Ed using a duncan JB he did at that time,your saying no because you have nothing else to say and you just doubt facts,especially facts from people who had worked with Ed.As for me posting this thread about what dimarzio pickup for the van halen 1 sound,I like to hear opinions on what guys are using today in the dimarzio line that achieve that sound,thats all.What information have you brought to this sight,none,just insults, small talk and doubts all misinformation and assumptions,I can backup my facts you cant. Your the troll you learn your information from people like me,you have no where else to go to get your information.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:46:22 AM by nitro »

oilpit

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 10:52:17 PM »
Steve Blucher of Dimarzio explained to me that when Dimarzio got the contract to make the pickup for the Ernie Ball EVH guitar,the pickup that they took out of the Franky at that time was a Duncan JB,thats the pickup that they used to make the Ernie Ball EVH pickup.

Excuse me for assuming anything that you type is true, I should have learned my lesson by now.

As far as what bullshit you have spread, just check the EVH thread, just about every single post you made involves some kind of lies and or false facts...

Toshiro

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »
As for me posting this thread about what dimarzio pickup for the van halen 1 sound,I like to hear opinions on what guys are using today in the dimarzio line that achieve that sound,thats all.What information have you brought to this sight,none,just insults, small talk and doughts all misinformation and assumptions,I can backup my facts you cant. Your the troll you learn your information from people like me,you have no where else to go to get your information.

TL;DR

I never post anything besides my own first hand experience and opinions with gear, so I don't know what you're talking about.

It's spelled doubt, BTW.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:07:44 AM by Toshiro »

Offline nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »
Thats the pickup that they took out of the frankie at that time was a Duncan JB, true fact,your wrong again oilpit,call Steve Blucher,year was 89-90.The misinformation and BS is from your lack of knowledge on this subject,try again. Oilpit explain the lies to me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:44:11 AM by nitro »

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 09:39:21 AM »
It's the internet gentlemen, try to remain civilized.

The AT-1 is a pretty darn good pickup. I mean, Andy Timmons lent his name to it, what more could you want? For the longest time, it was a custom order only pickup, and those who were able to get their hands on it would always tout its fantastic tone. Needless to say, they were right.