Author Topic: Dimarzio vs Ibanez pups wiring color scheme help !!!!  (Read 7639 times)

Offline DimarzioFreak

• View Profile
Dimarzio vs Ibanez pups wiring color scheme help !!!!
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:47:09 am »
Hi all

I am having difficulties, matching it up for some reason.

I got red, white, black, silver and blue wires going into my Ibanez RG2 Giger, that were there from my inf 2 pup.

I have both the, dimarzio wiring diagram and the Ibanez diagram, and they just don't seem to add up. I am at the point of guessing and the best i can come up with is getting the 4th and 5th position to sound identical. 3rd 2nd and 1st sound different as its always sounded which is great. But the 4th and 5th sound the same

What am I doing wrong ?

Can someone preferably a guitar electronics expert, put up a definitive, Dimarzio/Ibanez wiring color chart thingo.

Since many Ibanez buyers eventually put in Dimarzios , it would be great to have a hybrid wiring diagram which shows what colors to match what.  And make it a sticky thread so people can go straight to it..

Personally this is the first time I have had troubles changing pups. But I am no expert so it was bound to happen. I usually just cut the wire cable from the original pup and then match the colors from the dimarzio to the original Ibanez wiring.  I dont like completly removing all the soldering thats so nicely done for me by the ibanez factory.

cheers and thanks if anyone gets around to doing it.  Id do i, but im a retard when it comes to wiring up guitars, so I wont go there

Offline Mail2JackButler

• Dimarzio Endorsee
    • View Profile
Re: Dimarzio vs Ibanez pups wiring color scheme help !!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
Call DiMarzio customer service.. tell the lady that you have this wiring problem.. she'll put you through to either Steve or someone that assist him.. they'll happily talk you through the problem and even e-mail you schematics.. some of the schematics were on the site for download.. but I'd take the time to call and discuss your particular model Ibby and the type of switching.
"Intelli-Shred" & "Arpeggio Madness" books  available from NGW!
www.guitarworkshop.com/books/guitarbooks/rock/intellishreddillar
DiMarzio Endorsed Artist: Kevin Dillard. Soundclips available at
www.dimarzio.com
www.myspace.com/intellishred
Morley Endorsee
http://www.morleypedals.com/fom.html

Offline krak_down69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:08:49 pm »
I used to know the color codes for the Ibanez pups.. but I lost the piece of paper that had it a long time ago.. Maybe our good pal buddroyce can figure it out.

Offline 5150

• -=VH=-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 05:25:49 pm »
I always thought they were the same seeing that Dimarzio made some of the pickups.

Offline mr_bluedream

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 12:07:49 am »
Which Dimarzio and Ibanez diagram are you using??

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 01:13:19 pm »
I'm working on building an online tool to convert wire codes, but which switch are you using and what kind of wiring are you trying to achieve?
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Mail2JackButler

• Dimarzio Endorsee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:17:51 pm »
At risk of sounding redundant..lol ;)..call DiMarzio and they'll put someone on the phone to talk you through any problem and they'll even e-mail out schematics if they have one to suit your problem.
I once had an Ibby 5way wired up to 2 HBs.. the switch went belly up.. they make a switch that will do that same switching system layout and sent out a schem. to my e-addy so I could get things up and going.
"Intelli-Shred" & "Arpeggio Madness" books  available from NGW!
www.guitarworkshop.com/books/guitarbooks/rock/intellishreddillar
DiMarzio Endorsed Artist: Kevin Dillard. Soundclips available at
www.dimarzio.com
www.myspace.com/intellishred
Morley Endorsee
http://www.morleypedals.com/fom.html

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
At risk of sounding redundant..lol ;)..call DiMarzio and they'll put someone on the phone to talk you through any problem and they'll even e-mail out schematics if they have one to suit your problem.
I once had an Ibby 5way wired up to 2 HBs.. the switch went belly up.. they make a switch that will do that same switching system layout and sent out a schem. to my e-addy so I could get things up and going.

+1 Do what he said.. it'll be easier than anything else ;)
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter