DimarzioForum.Com > The mini bar (off topic & misc)

Just waht IS the Relationshio between Seymour Duncan and Larry Dimarzio?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stiltzkin:

--- Quote from: buddroyce on May 14, 2011, 03:46:11 PM ---Bill Lawrence, I love that man. He's one guy that can talk shit about a lot of other pickup makers and get away with it.

--- End quote ---

That's because Bill is the granddaddy of aftermarket pickups :)
Chances are we wouldn't have DiMarzio if it weren't for Bill ;)

LesPaulPlayer:
Bill and Becky Lawrence live right down the road from me - about an hour drive....anyway, I called them in regards to a set of their old school pickups with the printed circuit board on the bottom for wiring schematics....Becky could not find any on hand BUT she did call me about 8:00 at night with good results after digging through their garage finding the stuff -- would DiMarzio staff or Duncan staff do that?  Dont get me wrong, 90% of my guitars have DMZ or SD p'ups ( about 35 guitars total ), just 2 have BL p'ups..why????? dont ask me --- personal preference------

slugworth:
Bill and Becky are great people.  I'm not in love with their pickups, but from a character standpoint alone they have been a great influence on the pickup industry.

RayBarbeeMusic:
Steve Blucher is the designer.  Larry is the name.  I don't think Larry has designed a pickup in at least 2 decades, if not 3. 

Jerryman:

--- Quote from: RayBarbeeMusic on April 22, 2012, 01:09:44 PM ---Steve Blucher is the designer.  Larry is the name.  I don't think Larry has designed a pickup in at least 2 decades, if not 3.

--- End quote ---

Interesting, I Didn't kniow that. I'd give anything for Larry Dimarzio to custom wind me a set of Strat pickups or a vintage PAF though!
Speaking of which, every now and again comes a "Pre-factory" Dimarzio for sale ( usually at ridiculuous absurd prices).
Anyone know if Larry Dimarzio was personally  custom winding some of those early pickups? This isn't something i wouldnt ask directly of Dimarzio Tech assistance.

I think for his 40th, Larry Dimarzio should make 100 sets of the original Handwound PAf and VS-1 Strat pickups to spec in a limited edition boxed set. Hello L.D...ya listenin??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version