DiMarzio Injectors (Paul Gilbert Signature Singles)

• 26 Replies

Offline Gavron

• View Profile
Re: DiMarzio Injectors (Paul Gilbert Signature Singles)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 09:01:24 AM »
Dear all, seriously reccomend trying splited Neck Injector paralell to another north up coil- sound incredibile. Previously I've been using Transition, Area 67 and injector - the 4th position was unsplitted. Upgraded middle pickup to custom wound north up single coil (injector is south up), now 4th sounds much more true. Futhermore in 3rd position I've got now north coil of bridge hb paralell to the top coil of injector - sounds like tele on steroids. Greetings from Poland!

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 06:25:36 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation!!! I'll have to give it a shot sometime!
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 03:02:04 AM »
I noticed I have not yet commented on the Injector bridge here. I have it in the bridge position of two different strats (one alder/rosewood, one ash/maple), and it sounds great in both. Easily my favorite strat bridge pickup - no more thin tones in the bridge, and the bridge+middle still sounds great (the alder guitar has an Area 61 and the ash guitar an Area 58 in the middle).

Highly recommended.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 07:18:32 AM »
... seriously reccomend trying splited Neck Injector paralell to another north up coil- sound incredible.

Haven't tried that but the split Injector neck works well in a HSH set up with the split humbuckers (in my guitar a Norton in the bridge and a Bluesbucker in the neck).
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline mmmguitar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2021, 08:33:27 AM »
Haven't tried that but the split Injector neck works well in a HSH set up with the split humbuckers (in my guitar a Norton in the bridge and a Bluesbucker in the neck).

How would you describe the parallel split tones? That’s setup’s similar to what I’m shooting for and, as I solicited in another thread, I’m going for SRV/Knopfler style sounds in Bluesbucker split/middle and middle/bridge split.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2021, 03:04:20 AM »
They are both very strat like. I compared it with a guitar set up for SSS, and to my surprise the #2 and #4 positions are right up with the SSS guitar. Keep in mind that Bluesbucker + Injector neck on my guitar is only #4. No idea how this would work with a Bluesbucker in the bridge but I guess it should be fine.

EDIT: Bluesbucker in the bridge has one problem with the e-type megaswitch as the splitcoil operations in #2 and#3 are predefined and different (#2 uses the neckside coil and #3 the bridgeside coil, which does not work well with a pickup that uses one coil as dummy). In the neck position it is not an issue as both #3 and #4 use the neckside coil of the neck pickup, which is the signal coil in case of a Bluesbucker. You would therefore have to use a 24 pole switch (aka Super Switch) to make this work with the Bluesbucker in the bridge, and the polarity of the pickups must be checked to make sure the combinations are humcancelling.

Cheers Stephan
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 03:07:24 AM by darkbluemurder »

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2023, 04:39:42 AM »
Just set up a HSS guitar with two Injector necks in the neck and middle spots, with 500k audio pots throughout. Bridge pickup is a Bare Knuckle True Grit. The Injector necks sound very full but still stratty. Even the N+M combo has a lot of quack, and individually they scream Blues Rock.

Offline gregr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2023, 11:05:32 AM »
Yep! The Injector neck is great in any of the three positions. Shorting the dummy coil brings out some extra sparkle. I was surprised. It makes a fair bit of difference in position 4, though you need to make one RW/RP to get hum cancellation. Reversing polarity is easily doable with a pair of neo magnets.
Areas 58/61/67/Hot T, VV 54P/B/HB2, InjN. FT1&2, Satch Track. Corgan & Timmons sets.
BNIB, PAF Pro, HFH, Air Norton, LiquiFire, EJ Neck, V Mini N&B
Duncan SSL-2&6T, Lil Demon, JBJrN, HotRailN. 59, Jazz/APH & Full Shred sets. JB, Customs_2/5/Ceramic, Seymourizer II, Screamin’ Demon
Various hybrids

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2023, 04:15:30 AM »
I am going to split the middle in the bridge/middle combination, together with the bridge split. That will be humcancelling - I have only to use the neckside humbucker coil.

I have never used the neck model in the bridge spot but I am sure it works well with 67/58 in the other positions.

Cheers Stephan

Offline gregr

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2023, 10:13:58 AM »
It can even hang with a 61 in the neck, though tonally the 67 might be a better choice.

Do try the Injector without the dummy coil by itself.
Areas 58/61/67/Hot T, VV 54P/B/HB2, InjN. FT1&2, Satch Track. Corgan & Timmons sets.
Duncan SSL-2&6T, Lil Demon, JBJrN, HotRailN. 59, Jazz/APH & Full Shred sets. JB, Customs_2/5/Ceramic, Seymourizer II, Screamin’ Demon
Various hybrids

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2023, 07:48:25 AM »
Do try the Injector without the dummy coil by itself.

Yep - did that in a HSH set up with excellent results.

Offline gregr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2023, 12:58:16 AM »
Even when split the pickup is nowhere near as noisy as a true single coil with similar output.
Various hybrids