Donation

Author Topic: kind of sad about the Slash signature pickup  (Read 5969 times)

Offline alfaromeo90

• View Profile
kind of sad about the Slash signature pickup
« on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:53 pm »
I just found out about the signature Slash alnico pro by Seymour Duncan.  I'm kind of sad about that actually because i always admired Slash for just using the same pickup (and nothing fancy) from day one.  there was something so refreshingly simple about his approach.   I like guys like Paul Gilbert too who use a wide variety of pickups and guitars, but Slash's approach was the coolest of all. 

"What'll it be?"
"I'll have a PAF Pro please....ahh geez, make it a double."

Offline frankfalbo

• View Profile
Re: kind of sad about the Slash signature pickup
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 01:37:42 am »
If it makes you feel any better, he'll probably still record with the Derrig, which still contains stock Alnico II Pros. I loved that about Slash too. He always used Alnico II Pros right from stock. It was like it validated that our stock pickups were as good as anything, but they still are because he's taking Alnico II Pro Slash pickups right from stock too. All the marketing stuff we're saying is all true. The A2Pro's haven't changed over the past 20 years, but Les Pauls sure have.

I played the Appetite guitar at the studio. It's completely unique. There's no way a production LP can nail that experience all by itself. It was clear to me that a subtle pickup tweak had to be part of the equation to get as close as possible to the Appetite guitar with a brand new guitar. What I like about it is that the same aspects that put that little bit of extra life and vibe into the Gibson Appetite replica guitars will ALSO bring some of that life to an Epiphone, or any other "working man's" production guitar.

Offline ibanez_boss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:06:36 pm »
SLASH had been playin  SD p'ups for years--ever since 1988

Offline Orbis_Mortis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 11:19:21 pm »
I have a set of Slash signature pickups in my LP and they sound great. I don't think they're that much different from the original Alnico II Pros. Maybe a little hotter.