DimarzioForum.Com > Guitar Lounge

Stratocaster tuning secret

(1/7) > >>

wxs3:
I can't remember if I posted this before, but I have done this on 2 of my strats and it works.  My strats stay in tune (except when there is a really bad thunderstorm in the area).  I also have graphite nuts and locking tuners which help.  If you have a strat and can't keep it in tune then try this, it really works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy-F7iSIopA&feature=related

bzzdog:
damn it. this totally made me want a strat again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CityofBlindingLights:
Yeah, it works.

Especially a good lubricant at all contact points.

Echad:
Didn't they invent Kahlers, Floyds and Edges, like, before most of us were born? You people are that much backwards? :o

WTF, he wasted that much time to bend up a semitone? I can bend up and down half an octave and I didn't waste a second on setting up the tremolo! And the need for the locking tuners and or nut sauce or graphite was eliminated by the locking nut. I also do not need balls at the end of a string and therefore do not need to worry about it breaking at the bridge... A lot of Fender's idiosyncrasies were fixed since the time they were formed. Hell, even my mom wasn't born when this was modern and of any use. ;D

--- Quote ---A good lubricant at all contact points
--- End quote ---

Plug in slowly, starting with a single finger, before going in full claw. And don't forget an enema! Sorry, could not resist. :D

Really, all this flawed tremolo stuff is pure anal sex, measuring spring tension and all. Bloody compulsive freaks! ::)

BTW, this forum highlights an*l s*x, but not fucking shit... Budd, be careful — you censor gives away your preferences. :-*

Whitmore:

--- Quote from: Echad on July 12, 2010, 03:11:35 AM ---Didn't they invent Kahlers, Floyds and Edges, like, before most of us were born? You people are that much backwards? :o

WTF, he wasted that much time to bend up a semitone? I can bend up and down half an octave and I didn't waste a second on setting up the tremolo! And the need for the locking tuners and or nut sauce or graphite was eliminated by the locking nut. I also do not need balls at the end of a string and therefore do not need to worry about it breaking at the bridge... A lot of Fender's idiosyncrasies were fixed since the time they were formed. Hell, even my mom wasn't born when this was modern and of any use. ;D

--- Quote ---A good lubricant at all contact points
--- End quote ---

Plug in slowly, starting with a single finger, before going in full claw. And don't forget an enema! Sorry, could not resist. :D

Really, all this flawed tremolo stuff is pure anal sex, measuring spring tension and all. Bloody compulsive freaks! ::)

BTW, this forum highlights an*l s*x, but not fucking shit... Budd, be careful — you censor gives away your preferences. :-*

--- End quote ---

Three words.

Vintage bent saddles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version