Donation

Author Topic: I feel Sorry for the modern generation  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Jerryman

• View Profile
I feel Sorry for the modern generation
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:58:26 pm »
Everything made today is cheapo chinese junk. Used to be a fly swatter would last you 10 years, now they break after one swat. Chinese guitars are cookie cutter cheap crummy sounding and playing garbage.
Even budget  beer made in the uS now is absolute hog swill. It used to be really good stuff.
Everythting made now  is cheap garbage. You young guys dont even have a standard for quality any longer. Its totally sad. even real common 5 and dime stuff used to be made to last years, now it breaks after the forst use, or doesnt even work at all the forst time.
Its a thrpwawy economy, everything is engineered with planned technical obsolence, or even flat out failure built into it to force another chinese purchase.
Wl mart used to be this store that carried a huge selection of stufdf at the lowest possible price. Then they contracted out to carry one manufactueres stock and force the buyer inot zero selection .
The world has gone tpo hell and I feel very sorry for ypou young guys who propbaly think everyhting is supposed to becheap junk that breaks and then you need to buy a new one..

The Norton won't tame anything.  A fantastic pickup, it will make your LP sound like a wild mongoose who is piloting a F-22 raptor and smoking crystal meth

Offline eggsbenny

• View Profile
    • Eggs Benny
Re: I feel Sorry for the modern generation
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:38:47 pm »
Theres still good stuff to be found out there. You just have to know where (and how) to look.
Once apon a time someone dreamed of a pickup that had so much low end that a slew of derogatory sayings about it would follow the pickups creation. On that night the ToneZone was born

Offline Jerryman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:52:24 pm »
Theres still good stuff to be found out there. You just have to know where (and how) to look.

Thats true. Sorry for the one diemnsinal thinking. There are just as many, if not more new good  things as there are old good  things.
Alot of the basic  necessity stuff seems to be really cheap in geenral though.
The Norton won't tame anything.  A fantastic pickup, it will make your LP sound like a wild mongoose who is piloting a F-22 raptor and smoking crystal meth

Offline eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 07:23:40 pm »
Howdy,

Why put yourself out of a job, by making long-lasting products? Sadly, JerryJG's on to something; at least in a broad sense. Exceptions can certainly be found..