Wiring schematics and stuff

• 36 Replies

Offline slugworth

• View Profile
Re: Wiring schematics and stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 12:48:13 PM »
By far the best resource I know for wiring diagrams is Phostenix's site (google Phostenix).  He has an incredible amount of stuff already covered.

Other good sites are Seymour Duncan and Guitarelectronics. 

If you need something custom and are willing to pay for a diagram, google Hermeticoguitar.  I believe he charges reasonable rates, and I know he does good, accurate work.  He helped me out with one a few years back before he started charging, and I still use that circuit today.

Always remember to check wiring color codes!
DIMARZIO MODELS CURRENTLY OR PREVIOUSLY OWNED: 68 TOTAL

fdd

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 04:41:38 AM »
Hey there, if anybody can help me.
Basically I would like to have pretty much the same wiring as Ron Thal has, but with neck split instead of the bridge split.
1. neck
2. neck split
3. neck & bridge
4. neck & bridge out of phase
5 bridge.

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/Bad_Ronald.pdf

What do we do MacGruber?

fdd

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »
ok - I've sent an  email to Dimarzio support, and within' 40 minutes received the schematic for my idea. Not sure if anyone from Dimarzio is actually reading the board, but that kind of customer service is a real turn on to products. I send enormous amount of kudos and internets to the company and workers there - keep it up!

also - wiring is in the attachment, if anyone would like to check it out

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
I'm pretty certain that the folks at DiMarzio do read the boards. After dealing with a bunch of other pickup companies, I do have to mention that the DiMarzio customer service is actually a cut above the rest.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

wolf

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 03:48:14 AM »
Here's a good guitar wiring website
http://www.1728.org/guitar.htm
That is the start of about a dozen pages of guitar wiring diagrams, wiring color codes, etc.
Please visit it.  Well it is mine  :) and unlike all the other guitar wiring sites - it is dishwasher safe!

Offline slugworth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »
Worth adding to this thread -- Dimarzio has added a LOT of useful wiring diagrams to their site.

http://dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams
DIMARZIO MODELS CURRENTLY OR PREVIOUSLY OWNED: 68 TOTAL

albagnino

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »
Hello! I would install 3 EMG pickups HSH with a Super Switch, 1 tone and 1 volume .. I tried a scheme anywhere, but to no avail! I made a few attempts, but there is something that does not work ... the configuration would be:

1 bridge
2 bridge + center
3 center
4 neck + center
5 neck

I made a draft of the wiring diagram, but I'm stuck .. how complete connections?can someone help me please? I am going crazy!!

thank you

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:56:12 AM by albagnino »

Amuri

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »
Hi, Im completely new to guitar wiring, and Im in desperate need of your expertise !
here is the situation :
I have bought 3 new pickups for my Ibanez
Bridge : Seymour duncan 59/CUSTOM HYBRID   SH-16 : http://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/59custom-hybrid
Middle : Seymour duncan VINTAGE HOT STACK PLUS STRAT   STK-S7 http://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/...ack-plus-strat
Neck : Dimarzio PAF® Master Neck DP260 : http://www.dimarzio.com/node/8199

The original 5 way switch wiring of Ibanez utilizes the pickups like this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...mlHQ3p3clktUlU

and I want to split 59 coil with middle pickup and outer coil(screw coil) of the neck with mid in position 4 and 2
like this :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...VJZQTFlZ2VoYUk

and here is a picture of my 5 way leveler (or switch):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...FVhMUR6WDgxdHc

I DONT KNOW HOW TO WIRE THAT TO GET WHAT I WANT!?
I've been googling , I have read the Duncan GUITAR WIRING DIPLOMA COURSE! and most of the forum here and there .... couldn't figure it out
do I need super switch ?!

also , Im open to suggestions for getting a even level sounding wirings!

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 05:53:07 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately the google drive links you posted are not working for me but I understand that you want the following combinations:

#1 bridge
#2 bridge split (neckside coil) + middle
#3 middle
#4 neck split (neckside coil) + middle
#5 neck

You don't need a super switch for that. This wiring can be done with a regular 5 way switch (you may have to change the wiring on the neck pickup slightly from the normal wiring to get the neckside coil active in split mode but that is doable) or with an Eyb Megaswitch type E.

Before going into the details we should first clarify whether these are the combinations you want.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 12:18:36 PM »
Seems like DiMarzio reorganised their website but in relation to the wiring schematics not in a good way IMHO. Where did all those useful diagrams for two humbuckers and the EP1112 switch go?
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2019, 08:55:03 AM »
I just took a look and I also don’t particularly care for how the schematics are organized. It just seems less than intuitive in how it is laid out. That being said, I would have to agree with the statement about Dimarzio customer service. I contacted them not long ago, and they were very happy to take the time to make some suggestions.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2020, 11:09:50 PM »
Hi Folks,
I have the Andy Timmons set (AT-1 and cruisers) in a strat with 1 volume, 1 tone and 5 way switching, and I wonder if can I add a mini toggle on/on to switch the pickups in position 1, 3 and 5 from série to parallel, like in example below:

Mini toggle on/on, position 1:
5 way switching, position 1: bridge serie
5 way switching, position 2: bridge and middle parallel
5 way switching, position 3: middle serie
5 way switching, position 4: middle and neck parallel
5 way switching, position 5: neck serie

Mini toggle on/on, position 2:
5 way switching, position 1: bridge parallel
5 way switching, position 2: bridge and middle parallel
5 way switching, position 3: middle parallel
5 way switching, position 4: middle and neck parallel
5 way switching, position 5: neck parallel

Can you help me with a wiring diagram?
Thank you
Juliano
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:50:40 PM by japa.electric.guitar »

marcwormjim

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2020, 11:51:46 AM »
can I add a mini toggle on/on to switch the pickups in position 1, 3 and 5 from série to parallel, like in example below:

I'm afraid that would require a 6PDT on/on switch, and I don't know that one is even made for guitars. If you can live with only two pickups being switchable (such as if you find you prefer keeping the middle cruiser coils in series or parallel), then 4PDT toggle switches are available. Essentially, it's two DPDTs in one case: Just wire each left and right block of six contacts as you would a push/pull series/parallel switch eg.  http://www.1728.org/humbuck8.gif

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2021, 04:49:38 AM »
By far the best resource I know for wiring diagrams is Phostenix's site (google Phostenix).  He has an incredible amount of stuff already covered.

Unfortunately, most of the diagrams are no longer online. Does anybody know if there is a backup?

Thanks, Stephan

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2021, 01:05:57 PM »

Unfortunately, most of the diagrams are no longer online. Does anybody know if there is a backup?

Thanks, Stephan

Sadly even the Internet Wayback machine doesn't have it.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter