DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Wiring schematics and stuff

<< < (6/8) > >>

Guitar74:
I just took a look and I also don’t particularly care for how the schematics are organized. It just seems less than intuitive in how it is laid out. That being said, I would have to agree with the statement about Dimarzio customer service. I contacted them not long ago, and they were very happy to take the time to make some suggestions.

japa.electric.guitar:
Hi Folks,
I have the Andy Timmons set (AT-1 and cruisers) in a strat with 1 volume, 1 tone and 5 way switching, and I wonder if can I add a mini toggle on/on to switch the pickups in position 1, 3 and 5 from série to parallel, like in example below:

Mini toggle on/on, position 1:
5 way switching, position 1: bridge serie
5 way switching, position 2: bridge and middle parallel
5 way switching, position 3: middle serie
5 way switching, position 4: middle and neck parallel
5 way switching, position 5: neck serie

Mini toggle on/on, position 2:
5 way switching, position 1: bridge parallel
5 way switching, position 2: bridge and middle parallel
5 way switching, position 3: middle parallel
5 way switching, position 4: middle and neck parallel
5 way switching, position 5: neck parallel

Can you help me with a wiring diagram?
Thank you
Juliano

marcwormjim:

--- Quote from: japa.electric.guitar on June 13, 2020, 11:09:50 PM ---can I add a mini toggle on/on to switch the pickups in position 1, 3 and 5 from série to parallel, like in example below:

--- End quote ---

I'm afraid that would require a 6PDT on/on switch, and I don't know that one is even made for guitars. If you can live with only two pickups being switchable (such as if you find you prefer keeping the middle cruiser coils in series or parallel), then 4PDT toggle switches are available. Essentially, it's two DPDTs in one case: Just wire each left and right block of six contacts as you would a push/pull series/parallel switch eg.  http://www.1728.org/humbuck8.gif

darkbluemurder:

--- Quote from: slugworth on January 07, 2013, 12:48:13 PM ---By far the best resource I know for wiring diagrams is Phostenix's site (google Phostenix).  He has an incredible amount of stuff already covered.
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, most of the diagrams are no longer online. Does anybody know if there is a backup?

Thanks, Stephan

buddroyce:

--- Quote from: darkbluemurder on February 11, 2021, 04:49:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: slugworth on January 07, 2013, 12:48:13 PM ---By far the best resource I know for wiring diagrams is Phostenix's site (google Phostenix).  He has an incredible amount of stuff already covered.
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, most of the diagrams are no longer online. Does anybody know if there is a backup?

Thanks, Stephan

--- End quote ---

Sadly even the Internet Wayback machine doesn't have it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version