Author Topic: A little jokey video I did about 3 years ago  (Read 3188 times)

Offline FeinMusic

• View Profile
    • The Spines
A little jokey video I did about 3 years ago
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:17:03 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVdkh3OKkI

After all that Betcha Can't Play This stuff started coming out... Shame most people didn't seem to get the joke but looking back on it I've noticed a bit about myself stylistically especially in the realm of tapping...  I never wanted to be Eddie Van Halen... I just wanted more fingers to play idiosyncratic  ass licks with  :-*

Personally I feel like these licks are always overstated and would do better adding chops to the back of a song rather than being thrust to the front as a flashy lead... It gives the riff a unique tonal quality since there is no pick attack and the trills are of a different nature entirely than if they were done with only one hand.  Plus they're fun as hell to play and on recordings can keep people guessing how since they're not quite the center of attention
Don't tease the octopus, boys and girls!

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
Re: A little jokey video I did about 3 years ago
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 03:56:20 pm »
Nice. Actually a decent riff!

Would have been funnier if you had just struck an A chord or something. Or, to make fun of Green Day fans, a barre chord (lol!)

Offline Jerryman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:08:07 pm »
I can't tap worth a damn. Never could. Nor can I do pick sweeps to speak of..which leaves me definitly out of the running for Guitar Center whizz Kid jammer .
The Norton won't tame anything.  A fantastic pickup, it will make your LP sound like a wild mongoose who is piloting a F-22 raptor and smoking crystal meth

Offline FeinMusic

• View Profile
    • The Spines
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:35:54 am »
There's a video Guthrie Govan did about tapping where he basically said to treat it as if it's a seventh finger on your left hand and that's sort of what I try to do or at least not make a showy thing out of tapping
Don't tease the octopus, boys and girls!