Author Topic: TEEN-AGERS jjjjeeeeeeeessshhhhhhhhhh  (Read 34569 times)

Offline customguitar

• AM I THE ONLY ONE?
    • View Profile
TEEN-AGERS jjjjeeeeeeeessshhhhhhhhhh
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:41:08 am »
This made my day......a student of mine came my house late last night happier than a little school girl with his brand new guitar.  It was a squier strat.  No biggie, there are some decent squiers out there.  BUT, it had a Duncan designed INVADER single 'bucker in it.  I asked him why and he said that his guitar idol uses the fender version and he wants to be like him...I concured.  I plugged in his squier into my rig and it was terrible.  Dont get me wrong, I like duncans but the invader series is a massive overkill.  talk about muddy. Now my rig consist of a digitech 2101 rack with BBE sonic max, BBE noise gate, Carvin power amp, Carvin crossover, and a Behringer 1502 EQ and my tuner is both of my dogs, I listen to the howling until i get in tune and they stop.  I spent about an hour readjusting my my EQ just to get it sounding right.  What is the purpose of the Invader?
HAMER STEVE STEVENS
KRAMER 1984 BARETTA
KRAMER GORKY PARK
IBANEZ RG 321
IBANEZ RG 320
IBANEZ RG 321
DIGITECH RP 250
DIGITECH BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL
BOSS GT 6
PEAVEY BACKSTAGE 50

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: TEEN-AGERS jjjjeeeeeeeessshhhhhhhhhh
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:46 pm »
The Invader is fills a much needed void in terms of tone for the kids who can't play and need obscene amounts of distortion to cover up the bad playing.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline JAMESDP100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 03:10:47 pm »
Some like it for punk rock most notably tom delonge of blink 182. I've never herd of a guitar player who can actually play use one.
Hello I'm quite hung.

Offline FeinMusic

• View Profile
    • The Spines
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »
I think the chaps in A7X use them
Don't tease the octopus, boys and girls!

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:12:53 pm »
I think the chaps in A7X use them

Yeah, they do.

Funny how the hell I knew who you were talking about...

But yeah, the invaders are generally used for heavier metals, and a lot of punk/emo bands.

Offline customguitar

• AM I THE ONLY ONE?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »
A7X???? never heard of them and im 43 y/o....A7X sounds like a damn nomaclature for the military ;D
HAMER STEVE STEVENS
KRAMER 1984 BARETTA
KRAMER GORKY PARK
IBANEZ RG 321
IBANEZ RG 320
IBANEZ RG 321
DIGITECH RP 250
DIGITECH BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL
BOSS GT 6
PEAVEY BACKSTAGE 50

Offline AllDimarzio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:43 pm »
A7X???? never heard of them and im 43 y/o....A7X sounds like a damn nomaclature for the military ;D

They must not be good if you haven't heard of them ::)

I do agree, Invaders are junk.

Offline Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 01:37:43 am »
The invader doesnt get a lot of good press, even over at the SD forum.

Also, he did have a duncan designed, i.e. made more cheaply in asia, so might not be the same quality.

That said, so long as the kid thinks he sounds cool and keeps playing who really cares! He will learn to distinguish good tone with time.

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 02:19:08 am »

Avenged Sevenfold. They're a more recent pop metal band...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8C9y_KY47E[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCfpJjh7MJw[/youtube]

They're not bad, but not great either imho.

Offline FeinMusic

• View Profile
    • The Spines
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 04:13:06 am »
Yeah.. I was being lazy and didn't wanna take 5 seconds away from my eel roll to type Avenged Sevenfold on my phone.

They're also going through a mass of pedals and high end Bogner/Marshall things especially on City Of Evil if I'm not mistaken so take the "tarting up" with a grain of salt
Don't tease the octopus, boys and girls!

Offline Whitmore

• This is MADNESS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 08:16:43 am »
The thing i love about A7X is that i can just write them of a shit and be done with it!  8)
Grammar Nazi says:
NEVER USE AN APOSTROPHE FOR PLURALISING " ' ", NORMAL "s" IS FINE!

Offline eggsbenny

• View Profile
    • Eggs Benny
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 12:42:55 am »
The Invader is fills a much needed void in terms of tone for the kids who can't play and need obscene amounts of distortion to cover up the bad playing.
Oh boy does that bring back some loud memories  :P. I know many kids who are obsessed with amounts of distortion that make my ears want to stop working... Okay maybe that's a little harsh, but still.
Once apon a time someone dreamed of a pickup that had so much low end that a slew of derogatory sayings about it would follow the pickups creation. On that night the ToneZone was born

Offline Echad

• Are you Metal?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 01:24:40 am »
Oh boy does that bring back some loud memories  :P. I know many kids who are obsessed with amounts of distortion that make my ears want to stop working... Okay maybe that's a little harsh, but still.

Don't worry - if heavy distortion makes your "ears want to stop working", it's just that you got old, sick and will die soon. Why does everyone seems to hate kids on the internet? Well yes, the teens constantly make fun of old stumps and make the geezers feel miserable in real life, but acting tough on the internet won't change that in any way. ::)

As it was said a million times before, the "obscene amounts of distortion" make mistakes stand out, instead of hiding them. Hi-gain, hi-fi Metal distortion emphasises the harmonics and makes any misfret or wrong dynamic shine out for everyone, especially the high-mid heavy thing. The smooth tube overdrive is much more forgiving... But decaying hearing hides everything, no matter the amplifying. :-\

P.S.

Speaking on topic - I don't know much about it, but isn't Invader supposed to be the answer to the X2N? AFAIK, DiMarzio was known as the brand that had the highest output passives. BTW, is there a demo of anyone straight using these pickups? I'm not homophobic (I love Judas Priest), but the band posted above is too queer to be bearable. :o

Offline eggsbenny

• View Profile
    • Eggs Benny
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 11:33:27 am »

Don't worry - if heavy distortion makes your "ears want to stop working", it's just that you got old, sick and will die soon. Why does everyone seems to hate kids on the internet? Well yes, the teens constantly make fun of old stumps and make the geezers feel miserable in real life, but acting tough on the internet won't change that in any way. ::)

As it was said a million times before, the "obscene amounts of distortion" make mistakes stand out, instead of hiding them. Hi-gain, hi-fi Metal distortion emphasises the harmonics and makes any misfret or wrong dynamic shine out for everyone, especially the high-mid heavy thing. The smooth tube overdrive is much more forgiving... But decaying hearing hides everything, no matter the amplifying. :-\

P.S.

Speaking on topic - I don't know much about it, but isn't Invader supposed to be the answer to the X2N? AFAIK, DiMarzio was known as the brand that had the highest output passives. BTW, is there a demo of anyone straight using these pickups? I'm not homophobic (I love Judas Priest), but the band posted above is too queer to be bearable. :o
It isnt so much the amounts of distortion as it was the bad playing of the people using it. I think one way to put it was out of tune open chords gone wrong (not to mention most of the guitars being played were in the 100-200 dollar range).  I did make myself sound like an old geezer there  though :p
Once apon a time someone dreamed of a pickup that had so much low end that a slew of derogatory sayings about it would follow the pickups creation. On that night the ToneZone was born

Offline acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 03:39:04 pm »
The orginal Invader, NOT the Duncan Designed, isn't that bad at all. Basically it's all mids and little treble. It has that distinct "gnarl" that I like. In fact it's one of my favorite pickups for heavy distortion and gives a nice chug for palm mutes. I have it in an Esquire Custom GT (red racing stripes finish)
Downside: It's a one-trick pony and won't handle complex chords that well. If I want to play along to some blink-182 tunes (my fav band since like forever) though, it's perfect.