Author Topic: Amp question  (Read 9601 times)

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
Re: Amp question
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 12:33:38 pm »
I always start at halfway, as my EQ usually doesn't vary as much from the halfway mark really...

Offline 5150

• -=VH=-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 06:16:20 pm »
I don't recall where I read this but someone said to start in a "flat" configuration set highs to 0, mids all the way up, and low to 0. 
This did seem to give the most neutral tone on my Reverberocket 212.  That seems like a good place to start experimenting.

I've never heard about that, but considering not all amps have the same tone stack you can't really do that with all amps.

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 08:52:34 am »
I never really started from -12 (all the way down), 0 (halfway), or 12 (all the way up). I just scoop my mids like crazy because I think it produces a clearer, crisper clean sound, and compliment my strat beautifully (plus they kick ass when you dial up the distortion). Then I I boost my bass and treble accordingly from wherever they previously were.

Offline iba777

• Yum... 7 strings!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 07:21:17 pm »
I usually setup all my amps with the bass at about 8, mids at about 3-4 and my highs at about 5-6 and then adjust from there. Never realized that cranking everything out gives me the true tone of my amp.
RG1527
RG7321
Epiphone 7 string Les Paul
Don't own any sixes!!