Author Topic: Evo 2  (Read 19074 times)

Offline mi2tom

• I love playing guitar :D
    • View Profile
Re: Evo 2
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 03:32:59 am »
Evo is actually very bright even brighter a touch than the original evo maybe cos its Virtual vintage which naturally making the low really clear. I haven't tried the norton but the evo2 fits your description. As for evo and evo2, the evo is full throttle and evo 2 cleans up really well and its nasally mids seems to be gone maybe its cos its different wounding but its still retain the original's character.

Offline JohnnyGtar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »
Ah, yes....The EVO 2 for me is sheer perfection. That sucker does anything I want it to.

Offline With Full Distortion

• With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com/JoaoPacha
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 10:06:20 am »
You guys sold me the Evo 2. SPecifically with LuredMaul's CLip. that was exactly what i needed to hear from it.
My favorite dimarzio pickup IS the evo , i have an EVO 7 too, and im willing to try the EVO 2. ill buy one as soon as possible.
i liked the d activator, but i preffer more meat  and mids , and low mids in my tone.
lets see how this high mid peak decrease works IN PERSON.
Q: )
Thanks for the reviews guys.

http://www.dimarzioforum.com/user_uploads/luredmaul/Evo2.mp3

Clips
Ibanez RG7420-EVO 7/Air Norton 7
Ibanez RG7420-Stock pickups
Ibanez RG550-Stock Pickups
Charvel Fusion Deluxe-Duncan Custom/Jb Jr
Jackson DXMG- EMG 81/60A

Offline Wrath of nature

• Dimarzio Evo 2 & Evolutions neck
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 12:39:02 pm »
   Hey, 10 year old trend. Nice!

The EVO 2 is amazing. I don't know why people buy pickups and compare them to your rockstar idols sound. He help create a idea and set forth the path for us to become more for ourselves. Anyhow, the EVO 2 and EVOLUTION neck is great, superb, screaming, powerful for moderate powered pickup as to the D-Activator, X2N & Super 3.

Evo 2 has all strong qualities of what you want. Hence I get the name now after 3 years and 2 months with them. I love them, I am Evolving with them, would I recommend them, I can't answer that. Be WARNED, you got to have chops, and tight hands, these are UNFORGIVING and will best you, challenge you and down right break you. Everyone who owns one from day 1 is level 1 and you build from there.
    Evo 2 is my weapon of choice. It delivers it all. I have it in a Mahogany setneck, maple capped, ebony fretboard with a FLOYD ROSE on a 25.5" scale neck. Split coil options.

Be prepared to hear your mistakes and weaknesses for the better.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:16:37 pm by Wrath of nature »