Evolution Neck

• 20 Replies

Offline mi2tom

• I love playing guitar :D
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Neck
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 10:38:28 PM »
Alright', I'm free yesterday and change the direction of the evo neck and you know what. There's not much difference to be called it different at all, just with the lead towards the neck is a bit louder but in terms of tone it's the same.

ACH91332

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »
Anyone know what its like in the bridge?

Offline mi2tom

• I love playing guitar :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »
Watered down evolution bridge.

Offline jazzywolf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »
Evo neck is somewhat close to Paf Pro. Both have some single-coil hi-end and pick attack and cut through the mix easily. However, the Evo neck also has more midrange and low end, which makes it a bit louder, fuller, fatter, and punchier than Paf Pro. The lows are brighter and the overall sound is more aggressive than the Pro, probably due to the Ceramic magnet.

If you like Paf Pro and is looking for something a bit fatter and more aggressive with a great pick attack, the Evo Neck may be a good choice.

It is a great match for the Evo 2 in the bridge...

Offline satch_jr

• View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/mathiasremy
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »
Evo neck is somewhat close to Paf Pro. Both have some single-coil hi-end and pick attack and cut through the mix easily. However, the Evo neck also has more midrange and low end, which makes it a bit louder, fuller, fatter, and punchier than Paf Pro. The lows are brighter and the overall sound is more aggressive than the Pro, probably due to the Ceramic magnet.

If you like Paf Pro and is looking for something a bit fatter and more aggressive with a great pick attack, the Evo Neck may be a good choice.

It is a great match for the Evo 2 in the bridge...

I will second that as this is exactly my situation: I had a paf pro and was looking for something slightly fatter and more aggressive (more pick attack). The EVO neck seemed a perfect fit on the paper, I asked to DiMarzio for confirmation (I gave my experiences with other pickups, the likes and dislikes) but I wasn't advised an EVO neck as I disliked the air norton (I was pretty surprised to say the least): I was suggested the illuminator and the transition neck. Didn't help me much this time. Some guys on forums suggested the gravity storm neck  along with the EVO neck which really seemed to match my research. I eventually went for the EVO neck and I'm very happy because this is the perfect match for what I was searching for.

I also have an EVO 2 in bridge and I also second the fact that they match perfectly together.

Offline satch_jr

• View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/mathiasremy
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 04:25:43 AM »
Thanks!
in order to match the fred output you can simply adjust the EVO height: pull it away from the strings