Author Topic: Yngwie acoustic album  (Read 4213 times)

Offline 27fretshred

• I have more frets than you!!
    • View Profile
Yngwie acoustic album
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:41:42 am »
Anyone hear the new Yngwie acoustic album yet? He apparently recorded some of his more ballad-type stuff on an acoustic or something. I think it's called Angel of Love or something along those lines. Just wondering if it's any good before I plop down $$ for it.

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
Re: Yngwie acoustic album
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:46:31 am »
I would plop down for it.

Just not $$  ;D

Offline bluesman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 01:14:51 pm »
Somehow the words Yngwie Malmsteen and acoustic do not sound right to me. I'm pretty sure he plays it well though. I haven't personally heard the album but from the tidbits of acoustic playing he does on his other album it should be pretty good. Is it an unplugged album or strictly acoustic instrumentals?

Offline rgdxpn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:56:05 pm »
Somehow the words Yngwie Malmsteen and acoustic do not sound right to me. I'm pretty sure he plays it well though. I haven't personally heard the album but from the tidbits of acoustic playing he does on his other album it should be pretty good. Is it an unplugged album or strictly acoustic instrumentals?

From what I've heard it's acoustic with some choir and orchestral type sounds with the occasional electric for background sounds or something.
What I like about it is he went back to a steel string acoustic!  The only thing I've heard is the stuff on the myspace page.  Yngwie does have some awesome pieces he could do.  I thought memories(from odyssey) was awesome redone:  http://www.myspace.com/yngwiemalmsteen  Simply beautiful.  Not a whole lot of shredding from what I can hear.

It's on the must buy list.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:28:19 pm by jkrguitar »

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:06:53 pm »
Now I'm intrigued... that might be interesting.

Offline LuredMaul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 11:03:58 pm »
I'm over Yngwie and his guitar spinning but I might buy it just for the chick on the cover.lol