Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 3702 times)

Offline wxs3

• Embrace the Madness, The Madness is Good
    • View Profile
American Idol
« on: May 21, 2009, 08:41:46 am »
I usually don't watch this show, but the last couple of weeks when my wife was watching I heard this guy by the name of Adam Lambert who I felt had this thing in the bag.  Adam had unbelieveable range, strength and just wow in his voice, the winner although good, wasn't that good.  I felt Adam got ripped off, but I'm sure he will get a recording offer before the winner will.  I know Kris (the winner) plays guitar so if he just happens to read this nothing personal, it's just that I would want Adam to be my lead singer in my band.  Just my 2 cents
My first aftermarket pickup was a Super Distortion back in the 70's.  I strayed and tried Rio Grandes, Duncans, and EMGs only to come back to Dimarzio.  Funny were life takes you.

Offline mi2tom

• I love playing guitar :D
    • View Profile
Re: American Idol
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 01:09:25 pm »
Adam is better in everyway as a singer, he can IMO beat any pro singer out there as well, his singing really gives me the goosebump, he's so damn good! Sometimes I don't know how people think and vote. But seriously what a waste, adam should have won.

Offline krak_down69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 02:45:28 pm »
I'd gladly take either one of them in my band :) Both of them beat my singer any day.

Offline purple_voodoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 02:48:23 pm »
I don't follow it too much but I did catch a couple of episodes, including the one where they did the Jazz standards. Kris totally rocked that one and I thought he would win it. Adam is a great rock singer but he does seem like a bit of a one trick poney. Virtually everything he does has a bit of a rock edge to it. Nothing wrong with it since it is his style but I find that Kris does have a lot more tonal versatility. LOL!! I'm talking about singers like I'm talking about pickups now!!

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:34 am »
My father absolutely loves this show, so I'm grudgingly forced to watch it.

Personally, I didn't think either one was entirely special.

Since my father started watching four years ago, I've only ever seen ONE good singer, and his name was Michael Johns. Only guy I've ever heard on that show who was amazing. He did a cover of Light My Fire that was just out of this world.