Author Topic: Just saw Andy Timmons - WOW  (Read 4015 times)

Offline erikm5150

• View Profile
Just saw Andy Timmons - WOW
« on: October 18, 2007, 06:41:40 pm »
I was lucky enough to see Andy Timmons at a clinic the other day.

All I can say is wow! -- he is an awesome guitar playar, and a pretty nice down to earth guy too.

It was a mesa/boogie and ibanez clinic, so he was using his AT100 (the "ibanez strat") and he was switching between 2 amps:  the lonestar and the stilletto.

his tone was awesome... i was in the front row, about 15 feet from his amps.
his guitar tone was fat and warm, very dynamic and punchy, never harsh.

his guitar had 2 dimarzio cruisers, and a duncan in the bridge (i think it was a CC)

Offline krak_down69

• View Profile
Re: Just saw Andy Timmons - WOW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:49:08 pm »
You lucky SOB!! Andy is an awesome guitar player!! Got to see him live a few times in the Dallas Fort Worth area and loved his tone and his playing!! Truly a great player that isn't too well known. Deserves to be up there with Vai and Satch.

Offline mr_bluedream

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:50:41 pm »
sweet!! any photos??

Offline erikm5150

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 12:18:32 pm »
yeah, he is defeintely up there with the guitar greats... i consider him in the same league as Satch and Paul Gilbert.

what was amazing was that he didn't make any mistakes! (except for 1 time when 1 of his pedals was screwing up and he had to bend down and fiddle with it mid-song)
He sounds better live than he does on the record, both in tone and playing... i can't say the same for Satch.

i'll post some pics in a bit. I wanted to take videos, but they were really strict about not allowing that.

Just some more info on his pedals that night:
he was running through a peterson tuner, budda wah, vintage TS-808, BB preamp, BK butler tube driver in front of the amps,  and an ehx memory man in the loop of each amp.

Offline custom24

• PRS addict for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 07:49:47 pm »
Dangit!! I wish I could goto one of his clinics!! Please tell me he played this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKeMzevbcgw[/youtube]

It's one of my favorite tunes... You're completely right about him being better live than on the CDs.