Author Topic: Sonata for Page Turner and Piano  (Read 3812 times)

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
Sonata for Page Turner and Piano
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:21:48 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNBqEk-bRk

A friend of mine composed this, bloody brilliant if you ask me. From the composer:

"The piece was written to showcase the skills of the virtuoso page turner, so there are many extended techniques required of the soloist.  For example, much of the the first movement is written one note per page, so the pages must be turned rapidly to keep the musical line continuous.  The second movement is quiet and introspective, so the pages must be turned with the utmost care and quietness.  The third movement features a complex web of repeats, da capos and codas which the page turner must keep straight."

marty_becker

Re: Sonata for Page Turner and Piano
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:08:45 pm »
it looks like each page only has a couple of bars on it. Seems like a lot of wasted paper to me. Doesn't sound too bad though. Your friend composed this? The girl in the video maybe?

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • Global Moderator
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
Re: Sonata for Page Turner and Piano
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:23:48 am »
it looks like each page only has a couple of bars on it. Seems like a lot of wasted paper to me. Doesn't sound too bad though. Your friend composed this? The girl in the video maybe?

Haha, no.

All I'm going to say about who it is is that he is going for his doctorate in physics at an Ivy League university.