PETITION TO DIMARZIO: PLEASE BRING BACK THE VIRTUAL PAF SET!

• 79 Replies

Offline Kurt R Kish

• Owned or own:
    • View Profile
Re: PETITION TO DIMARZIO: PLEASE BRING BACK THE VIRTUAL PAF SET!
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »
Not having ever played through a VPAF, but should it be rereleased I'd probably buy a set. I'm more into their low-medium output pickups and am currently shooting around this tone with the PAF 36th and the PAF Joe I'm about to put in the bridge position of my new guitar. So: Yes, count me in.

I have a PAF Classic neck (see my previous post) with a Mo' Joe in my bridge. They balance really well- and when both are on with medium dirt they get this indescribably luscious vowel sound that starts to mate (right out in the open!!!) with the sustain. The awkwardness of this sonic s*x was easily obscured by the joy of the effect. The first time I laid into a hard picked note I knew it was a special combination.

HS-1,2 and3- VirtuAL 2 nk md & brdg- Cl. o 55- VVBlues, 54 Pro- Fast Track 1- Pro Track- Paf Pro- Super 3- FRED- H f.H- Tone Zone- Evo neck- Breed brdg- Paf Classic set- VPAF set- EJ set- Mo Joe- 36th set- Norton- Air Norton- Air Zone- Super Distortion- Injector Neck- Area 61- Area 57- Virtual Blues

randomguitarstuff56

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
Whoever is going to get Dimarzio to bring back the VPAF has my support. Why did they even get trid of it >:(

Offline RayBarbeeMusic

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 09:34:48 PM »
I'd chime in to bring back the VIRTUAL HOT PAF. 

The 36th bridge was supposed to 'uprade and replace' it, but when I tried the 36th in the guitar I had the VHPAF in, it was both more shrill in the highs and had less balls in the lows than the VHPAF.  The VHPAF went right back in. 

leecaster

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
As a new member, I too would like to say to DiMarzio: please bring back the vpaf set! ESPECIALLY the vhpaf.

Offline mesa0131

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 01:49:35 AM »
Found one for sale on kijiji in ontario, thinking i might buy it and see how i like it. If im not a fan or want something new it may come up for sale on this forum. For anyone interested here is a link of r the specs that are no longer posted at dimarzio.com

http:// www.stevesmusiccenter.com/DimarzioDP197.html
Fine wines are found in glass bottles, not plastics sacks; As such, so are the finer electrons.

Tony nl

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »
You got my vote. Bring the virtual Paf line back.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:21:00 PM by Tony nl »

houstom

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2013, 01:16:10 AM »
Virtual PAF Please !  I have a MusicMan BFR Silhouette which I think has V-PAFs and wow - I just wish I could put those pickups in every guitar.

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2014, 11:15:16 PM »
I tried those in several guitars years ago and thought they were completely void of personality and very fake sounding. The only one I liked in that family was the Virtual Hot PAF, and that was with 250k pots in a strat.

hotsauce57

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
I have a VPAF in the bridge of an Epi LP Classic and it sings. I wish I could get another for the Plustop Pro I got a few months back. So I vote to bring it back too!

Offline Peter Krasov

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
Just asked BanjoMikes, whether it is possible to order VHPAF and VPAF. That's the answer from the factory: PERMANENTLY DISCONTINUED.

Offline Ayrton

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 12:36:03 AM »
Just asked BanjoMikes, whether it is possible to order VHPAF and VPAF. That's the answer from the factory: PERMANENTLY DISCONTINUED.

That is very unfortunate. I actually prefer both of those pickups to the 36th that replaced them. Thankfully I still have a stash of VHPAFs.
-Chris

Offline slugworth

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »
Mike Z. sells a lot of Dimarzios, but I would not take him as the final word on this. Has anyone contacted Dimarzio and asked them to wind a pair?

They still come up frequently enough on the used market that it's not a huge deal IMO, but at some point that trickle will dry up.
DIMARZIO MODELS CURRENTLY OR PREVIOUSLY OWNED: 68 TOTAL

Offline bubs_42

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »
My favorite Pickups now, i've paid plenty more of pickups of this caliber.

Offline firebirdphil

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2015, 04:01:06 AM »
I have a Virtual Vintage PAF and a 36th ann.PAF. I can put the Virtual Vintage in any guitar and it 'll sound great. It's more articulate and more percussive than the 36th ann.
So yes! Bring back the Virtual Vintage PAF, cause it's the best humbucker I've ever bought so far. (And I've tried many)

Offline rknrollo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2015, 09:38:23 PM »
I just picked up 5 virtual hot pafs and 3 dp 196 neck virtual PAFs in the last 2 weeks all brand new in the box except one..........woohoo!