PETITION TO DIMARZIO: PLEASE BRING BACK THE VIRTUAL PAF SET!

• 79 Replies

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
Re: PETITION TO DIMARZIO: PLEASE BRING BACK THE VIRTUAL PAF SET!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 01:01:40 AM »
I think part of the reason why Dmarzio got rid of many of their pickup lines is because customers were getting confused between several choices that seem to fit the bill for them. Maybe it might have been a lot more costly to produce that many types of pickups???   ::)

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 04:04:56 PM »
I think part of the reason why Dmarzio got rid of many of their pickup lines is because customers were getting confused between several choices that seem to fit the bill for them. Maybe it might have been a lot more costly to produce that many types of pickups???   ::)

This could be true, although the Virtual PAF set was nothing like anything DiMarzio offers now. I don't think they sound like the new DP103 36th PAF at all.

Orkestra

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 05:40:15 PM »
bring them V/VHPAF'S back, I always wanted to have one in ma box of tricks if not the bridge of something special if I liked it!

Offline Ayrton

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 03:11:03 AM »
When I ordered my last VHPAF, I asked about it going away and was told it could always be ordered.

Has anyone called DiMarzio to see if they could order one?
-Chris

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 03:46:19 PM »
When I ordered my last VHPAF, I asked about it going away and was told it could always be ordered.

Has anyone called DiMarzio to see if they could order one?

My distributor says I can't order it but then again that's not talking to DiMarzio direct. I'm pretty sure that if anyone ever asked for a pickup from thier back catalogue, they could easily reproduce it for you (for an extra charge of course).
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Jerryman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 12:59:25 AM »
Decline. 36th Annv.  supercedes it IMHO.
Hopefully it can be orderd, but i don;lt see any real reason for the company to go in retrograde  for the whim of 6 or 8 people.
The Norton won't tame anything.  A fantastic pickup, it will make your LP sound like a wild mongoose who is piloting a F-22 raptor and smoking crystal meth

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 01:55:15 AM »
Decline. 36th Annv.  supercedes it IMHO.
Hopefully it can be orderd, but i don;lt see any real reason for the company to go in retrograde  for the whim of 6 or 8 people.

Have you heard the Virtual PAFs?

Offline Jerryman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 03:41:12 AM »
no. :-[
The Norton won't tame anything.  A fantastic pickup, it will make your LP sound like a wild mongoose who is piloting a F-22 raptor and smoking crystal meth

blouie

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
Hi!  I just installed the 36th Anniversary PAFs on my 07 Les Paul Studio.  I have never heard the VPAF but I installed my p/u's with the Seymour Duncan Triple Shots and the ability to switch to "parallel" thins the sound enough to  maybe give you what you are looking for.  The Triple Shots also coil-split with choice of either coil.  I'm not finding the coil-tapping too useful but it does give you additional tone "thinning" options.

Just a thought!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:17:05 PM by blouie »

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 01:43:40 PM »
People, people, people... you'll only ever know what I'm talking about if you've ever tried a VPAF. If you haven't, make it a priority to try them, because they were bloody brilliant pickups.

That being said, I've fallen in love with the new PAF 36th series since, but still... the VPAFs were a damn good thing.

JHN

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 02:46:21 AM »
+1 vote from me  :(

jkrguitar

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 04:23:59 AM »
+1 to bring it back, but at the very least make it available from the custom shop!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:33:03 AM by jkrguitar »

nitsuj

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »
I know that the 36th Anniversary PAF "replaced" the VPAF set, but to my ear it's a bit thicker and fatter; the thing I liked about the VPAF set is that it had a decent amount of brightness to it, yet still stayed fat, almost like a thicker Stratocaster pickup.

Post below if you'd like DiMarzio to bring back the Virtual PAF set!

Hi there, I have a Vpaf neck and a hpaf bridge in my musicman silhouette.  They sound pretty clean, airy, and clean to me but I'd like something with more output and bite and yet retain those qualities.  Do the 36th Anniversary pickups fit the bill?

Thanks.

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »
I know that the 36th Anniversary PAF "replaced" the VPAF set, but to my ear it's a bit thicker and fatter; the thing I liked about the VPAF set is that it had a decent amount of brightness to it, yet still stayed fat, almost like a thicker Stratocaster pickup.

Post below if you'd like DiMarzio to bring back the Virtual PAF set!

Hi there, I have a Vpaf neck and a hpaf bridge in my musicman silhouette.  They sound pretty clean, airy, and clean to me but I'd like something with more output and bite and yet retain those qualities.  Do the 36th Anniversary pickups fit the bill?

Thanks.

Yes, they will. Also look at the Air Classics, but it sounds like the PAF 36ths are what you want.

Offline ledvedder

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 02:15:53 PM »
How do you think these would sound in a Peavey Wolfgang?